THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Maybe tea tree oil for the spot?? I've got all fingers and toes crossed!!! Tick tock I truly hope it's hip o clock soon! :angel:

@Calgal thanks for the tip about Teatree I've been using aloe vera. However to no avail
I am sad to say that my operation is cancelled for tomorrow:boohoo::sad:
I am feeling quite stressed and tearful.

I wouldn't want to do anything that would compromise my safety and so I know it's the right decision.
These things are sent to try us :shrug:
Thank you to everybody for your continued support
It's very much appreciated
:bawl::bawl:

Aww, Mayhip, I'm so sorry. This has been a test and while I understand you're stressed and sad you have a healthy attitude in that its happening for a reason and wisdom in not taking a chance and further complicating matters.
Wishing you peace and comfort. Sending a hug :console2:
@Mayhip8

I’m really sorry to read of your second cancellation, must be devastating after all the build up....I hope your new date will be along very soon & wish you all the best in the meantime -hugs x

Oh No! :cry: Your new avatar says it all.
We have to help you get back to Square 1
This will be you soon > :chuckmarch:
Hugs :friends:
@Mayhip8

Hip recoveries sure try the patience muscle beyond all recognition, don't they?! :gaah:. Hope your spots go far far away soon soon soon and you get rescheduled pronto. Your new avatar says it all. Sending hugs.:friends:

So sorry to hear of your surgery cancellation, but it means your surgeon is looking out for your welfare. I know that's not much consolation, so how about a generous (((HUG))). I hope you are able to get back on the surgery schedule soon.

@Mayhip8 So sorry your surgery has been cancelled. For the best but I know it's frustrating to say the least. Here's hoping you get a new date very soon!

Thankyou everyone
Again your thoughts and comments are positive and reaffirming:loveshwr:
I can't Expresss how much your support means to me.
I cried. I got a tad angry. I wallowed . And then I got up, cleaned up, went for a swim ( always energising!) and now my log fire is lit, I'm watching trashy telly and drinking a glass of good Sauvignon blanc - a commiseration drink but in a good way- it's tempting to ' stay there' when misfortune occurs , however I absolutely realise this is for the best- infection is so difficult to deal with and I'd want to avoid it at all costs...
Tomorrow is another day nearer to being free of hip pain - and healing my other wonky bits! Back to Doris Day singing Que sera sera!
Love and hugs to all who are still recovering and learning to live with a new hip, and others who are looking forward to a new joint replacement.
All will be well :friends::flwrysmile:

A quick addendum - when I went swimming I also had a sauna, as I sat in the sauna I commented to my friend "I hope my titanium implant doesn't act like a skewer on a kebab and I end up cooking my thigh !!!:yikes::shocked::yikes::bolt::rotfl::loll:

When I was swimming off shore and my BIL mentioned sharks, I told him if that shark tried to grab my legs...he'd be gumming his next breakfast.:heehee:

So sorry you are back on the wait, but I do believe things happen with a certain providence...and I do so hope this is an easy'peasy recovery.

Hugsxxxxdear @Mayhip8 :console2:

Last edited:
The heavens cried for you all night last night, so no more tears are available. :SUNsmile:. It's a new day and one day closer, as you say. There is still some healing work for your body before you tackle the next hip. Happy swimming and sauna! And love the sound of the log fire! :) We swept our chimney yesterday. It's supposed to get really cold tonight. Can't wait to light the woodburner again. Take care my friend. The pom poms are waiting and ready when you are.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings on the new format. Happy you like it!
I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather :mcoffee:
Get lots of rest...we'll look forward to hearing from you soon. :)
@Mayhip8

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom