THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Ugh, the morning after the night before! Yes @ChrissyW a big huge coffee please!! Thanks for letting me borrow the kitten heels. Amazingly comfortable. So nice to be in real fancy clothes again. These soft baggy shorts are getting boring. @Mayhip8 what a great helicopter ride! And @ahipgma will definitely have a new career as a tour guide! Thanks ladies. :wowspring:

@ChrissyW ohhhhh I'd love a Coffeee please (a full fat Americano with extra shot of espresso ), I'll meet up with you by the lake as I'm going to have a gentle kayak ride around the lake now I can bend without pain.
:kayak:
When we get back to the Waldorf I've booked the spa room for us all to have refreshing treatments of our choice. I'm having the Clarins facial and neck treatment as well as Aromatherpaies foot reflexology. Just the thing to prepare us for the busy day ahead. I'm looking forward to breakfast at Tiffany's, but I really really want to try pastrami on Rye from a food vender on the corner of a busy New York Street.! @ahipgma your narrative and vision brought the sights and senses and sounds of New York to life as if I could reach out and touch them, (I'm glad I didn't I'd have fallen out of the helicopter,) looking forward to going back and seeing The Lady in daylight too and stopping off to read the list of settlers - some of whom are relatives of my mother-in-law.

When we go shopping would you recommend the best place to buy a precious Christmas bauble for my Christmas tree ? It's a tradition! I like to give each of my children a special bauble each year ( if nothing else!!)

@Calgal those oysters !!! Definitely a decadent start to the evening and I'm in awe that you opened that second bottle of Dom with a sword !!! I nearly fell off my Mahlanos in shock! Good job they are low heeled!
With the strains of Duke Ellington tunes in my head I'm going to pop on something 'Saturday morning in NY' for my early excercise and I'll see you all in a while - I'm looking forward to those bagels @Calgal
:loveshwr::flwrysmile:

Good morning ladies!
Slept well in the plushy room at the Waldorf--thanks @Mayhip8 again for thinking of a spa appointment-- the Waldorf is a Guerlain spa with white marble and crystal chandiers. Something facial and foot sounds heavenly--two parts of me that could use some pampering.
After our bagels and breakfast at Tiffany's we could shop for some bling there. But there is a store called the Christmas Cottage open year round that sells ornaments-- perhaps Lady Liberty or an Empire State Building for you and some pretty crystal ones for your family.
We could then go for our row in Central park but we should take turns with @Mayhip8 as we are all recovering, but @Calgirl you'd better take a pass as you aren't even 2 full months out! You can be the photographer and snap the fountain and the zoo and the boathouse and the assorted characters you see all the time in NY. Wow is that Hugh Jackman going for a run-- he lives downtown but he loves Central Park I guess. Thanks goodness we're in Central Park Lake rowing otherwise it could be hipster overboard but I could never catch up with Hugh ...and how you are taking your turn rowing in those high heeled Blahniks is beyond me @ChrissyW! Should've worn your kitten heels!
Rowing made us hungry so let's go to Katz's Deli for some reubens and matzoh ball soup.
We can take the Circle Line Cruise and see NY from her rivers, including Lady Liberty-- we sail right past her. First time we went to NYC as a family and took the cruise my girls jumped up and down at their first sight of the Lady shouting ,"there she is!"It made me cry. It was shortly after 9/11.
What shall we do for dinner and our last evening?

Last edited:
Good morning lovelies. Well shopping in NY is wonderful but I've learnt my lesson @ahipgma so today I might wear flats, just to give my feet (oh and hip) a rest. Those Christmas ornaments @Mayhip8 sound adorable and perfect for your Christmas tradition. Wouldn't it be lovelies to come back ladies when the tree is up for Christmas, is it outside the Rockefeller centre? And another first for me at Katz's and so enjoyable, especially that New York cheesecake we treated ourselves to as well. How about Pastis for dinner, I've heard it has reopened and it's so classy, so us. It reminds me of the original Ivy in London . It would be perfect for the Chanel palazzo pants and little jacket you persuaded me to buy and @Calgal that beautiful dress you got will look stunning. I saw you two @Mayhip8 and @ahipgma sneak off in Bloomingdales, did you buy something, will you be wearing it this evening? Well ladies this has been a truly wonderful weekend and how wonderful was the shopping in Tiffanys? I'm so pleased we all got the matching lock bracelets to remind us of our trip and they will be nice daytime wear, unlike those statement pieces we all purchased, just because we could. Ladies how many carats would we make combined with the diamonds we got!
Well ladies I'd better make sure I'm packed ready so I can have everything in th private jet so that after dinner and the obligatory cocktails no doubt, I can be chauffeured to the airport and fly home ready for cruising.
Laters lovelies xxx:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

:loveshwr:@ ChrissyW in town yesterday I bought a beautifuly decorated journal and a very posh pen as I like to write my memories down in ink. I like reading diaries of the things I've done in the past. I'm so glad I got you all to autograph the back pages with your paragraphs of advice for life - like we used to do at the end of school term before we all went off into the big world of work !I still have my diaries and look back on them with fond memories. It was also fortunate to bump into Tom Cruise, Elton John and Tom Hanks who also signed the back pages. Who knew that they would join us for dinner on our last night? I'm glad the paparazzi stayed away from us as we wouldn't want to make the whole world jealous with our glamour and beauty. Especially as I wore my new Parker snazzy floral dress I bought from Bloomingdales .
I must admit I enjoyed the New York cheesecake from Katz too it is so rich and Moorish and like nothing I've ever tasted before.
I'd love to come back for Christmas and see all the sparkling lights!
Well now I have to head back to the hotel for my chauffeur to pick up all of my suitcases and the goodies that I have bought as I'm flying back later tonight.
I've had an absolute ball ladies and have memories that will last for ever.

I'll see you on the real side very soon

Have a safe journey home hip sisters :loveshwr::flwrysmile::capn:

Last edited:
When is your next doctor's appointment re next hip? Soon? Just hoping you can get out of pain in the other hip soon, so you can go off and do lots of exciting adventures in real time. :kayak:

Hello Ladies
It has been so wonderful to be with you all here. I have so wanted a square cut emerald as that's my birthstone and Tiffany's had just the thing!
I think we'd better go to Bergdorfs to make sure we haven't missed any designers and also their fragrance counters as they have all the best, my faves being the oldies, Caron, Guerlain and Chanel, mmmm. They are one of the few places that carry Chanel exclusives including No22--- it'll go so well with my Chanel suit I plan to wear with ropes of pearls. We'd better have one last lunch in Little Italy in honor of @ChrissyW
Some delicious pasta with maybe a cannoli for dessert? @Mayhip8 I hope you packed your ornaments carefully and @Calgal the D&G suits you bought are so flattering on you! That extra suitcase you brought empty was smart, Chrissy to put all the new shoes you brought in it for the flight home! let's have a kir royale because they have such good prosecco here and toast to our wonderful memories.
My flight is 45 minutes back to Pennsylvania but I know the three of you have further to go and you'll lose a little time. The kir royales should make everyone snooze a little on the plane.
My one month countdown to #2 begins today so it was fun to travel with those who have given me so much encouragement and support, dont know what I would do without you on the real side. Safe home my dears
:roseshwr: and :friends:s

Not sure what my access to wifi will be over the next week so I'm just stopping by to say have a wonderful week, rest well post our New York stay and as ever what a wonderful trip we had. The memories we are collecting together doll last forever and this journey is far better and made easier through the support of you @ahipgma , @Mayhip8 and @Calgal , my hippy sisters. Ship ahoy for me!
Laters lovely ladies:happydance::loveshwr:

:whistle: Well I'm back on the real side:SUNsmile: wasn't it lovely to have our escape this weekend.:happydance:

On the real side it's been a bit hectic ! My son has gone down to Gloucestershire camping out at the at the air Tattoo - he's mad about aircraft and flying . My daughter went to stay with her nanny overnight on Saturday.
We spent most of Saturday visiting relatives and I felt quite strange taking my little perching still with me to sit in the houses as I couldn't be sure of the height of the furniture, I stopped at taking the raised toilet seat :flabber:however wish I had have done when faced with a very low loo and perplexed expression on my face! no grab rails! no handrails! How on earth am I supposed to get down there? ... It's something to think about isn't it ?! I hadn't planned on being out and about I don't suppose, but now it's unsure as to when my next hip will be and I'm not in work officially until mid August then I will be visiting Family and friends etc . I wonder how long it will be before I no longer have to think of the practicalities of simply moving around ?!
On Saturday evening with the house to ourselves hubby and I took advantage of the situation and jointly prepared our favourite simple supper whilst having a sneaky G&T, and a gorgeous glass of wine with our meal seeing as I am off the opiates . It was nice to feel grown-up and human and not be defined by feeling like an invalid . We even went one step further and wait for it,… Watched the last two episodes of 'killing Eve! ' ! Man we know how to live!
Sunday saw us preparing and eating our breakfast together outside in the glorious sunshine,
We both managed to get into the front garden and snip and prune and weed and mend the fence and chat with the neighbours passing, I took my perching stool out to do what I could and then I needed to rest. All in all I probably did too much but felt quite successful as it's only pulled muscles and strains on the rest of my body and my hip remains in place.
My sister visited us which gave us a chance for a nice cuppa and a break from work for awhile, then me and my husband went for a short drive did a bit of shopping and mooching in the local garden centre - I'm looking for bedding plants but they all looked a bit ' sad' ie not very healthy and still full price! ( I don't mind 'rescuing ' plants but at a discount !.)(.. How else will I afford trips abroad if I'm not frugal ?!!!! ) :whistle:
I was feeling tired by this time so I came home and rested for an hour while hubby went to pick daughter up from nannies.
I stood in the bath! It was empty! I just really fancied a good old soak in Epsom salts and some lovely oils after my energetic weekend. I didn't feel confident so I exited the bath.
An hour later I stood in the bath again and then I sat on the edge with my leg in front of me and worked out that I need to lower myself with my right leg into the water . However whilst perching there it occurred to me that I wouldn't know how to get out of the bath! I could do it in reverse but what if it oils were slippy at the bottom of the bath because I plan to take the water out before I move out of the bath? ... I've discussed it with my husband and the plan is A) to put towels at the bottom of the bath when the water is out for me to grip on to
B) we call the Fire service to get me out of the bath - (cheek! I'm tall but not that big:doh:)
C) abandon thoughts of having a bath and keep to having a shower.
We'll see - I'm persistent if nothing else and I've never heard of anyone living in a bath so it follows that nobody ever really got stuck in one - there was always a way out.!

So after a family meal together and a night spent watching a BBC drama called 'years and years ' oh my goodness ! it's good!!! We had another glass of wine and retired to bed.

I can't say the wine did me any good as I was up every hour during the night needing to go to the loo ! needless to say I'm a bit tired this morning and have dedicated myself a rest morning. I don't think I'll be drinking wine until after my next hip is done . The taste might have been divine but I was worried that I'd get too relaxed and move around wrongly and damage my hips ! ( It's strange I never worried about that all those years ago on the dancefloor doing "oops upside my head.")

Well ladies it really feels like the start of summer and I hope you've got lovely things planned to pass the time between now and August hip,op @ahipgma ?
when we look back at where we are now and how far we've come , you can see how time will pass very quickly and by Christmas, with luck ,will be in such a better place with our hips mended ( I do,hope I Get a date soon- my appt is next Monday )

@ChrissyW I can imagine you're feeling quite excited about your holiday cruise when do you leave ?

@Calgal how are you feeling this week ?

I think it's time for my breakfast and so I shall wander downstairs and fix myself something delicious before I returned my nest and catch up with some reading because when the boy returns later The school holidays will begin proper and we can start planning some nice things to do.
Happy Monday my lovely lovely friends :loveshwr::flwrysmile:

Good morning!
These trips we take are interesting as I feel I've been on this flight of fancy and now it's time to get back to practicalities-- as though I've really been away!:chinstroke:
The 21st has come and gone and now I can pursue my preop requirements , just some bloodwork and another physical, no chest x xray or ekg needed this go round.
@Mayhip8, can they set a near date for your surgery next monday or will you then have to wait and be put on a list?
My surgeon just made sure that it would be 3 months between and he operates at that hospital on Wednesdays.
It would be nice if we could go thru it together!:friends:.
I love reading your posts about the everyday considerations of our situation, not earth shattering for sure but it does give you pause. My patients used to say how could you ever be a nurse, it's so hard and I would say oh I'm sure its much harder to be a patient. To think I was finally right about something.
I haven't sat in a bathtub since 1994
(Birth of daughter #2) definitely a shower person but if you love a good soak it would be worth while figuring it out.
Maybe a rubber bath mat with a towel over it? The man we bought our house from put in a "comfort height" toilet because his legs were bad and I've really enjoyed the height. My bathroom is so tiny I can hold onto the sink with one hand and the window sill with the other and boost up. I'm now wondering how it will feel with two artificial hips as I always felt at least the natural one was firmly in there, no matter how much it hurts!
I used to have a much larger space around my house to garden but now just have a little space which is perfect.
Our flowers have started to be reduced in price. And my neighbor offered some of his perennials. I love to garden and plan to get one of those garden kneelers @Calgal recommended.
Buts it's like having a baby, you rush around trying to do things you wont be able to do after The Big Day. Trying to get these household projects done before I"birth" another hip. Sheesh! At least I wont have to send it to college!
Speaking of which, our school vacations go from early June to about mid August, so there are adverts for all things back to school. Your children are just getting out?
Always an adjustment having them home all the time and then the house is strangely empty when they go back.
Well, going to start up my day. This week something is going on every night, nothing crazy-- church related as we are very active there, or visiting my mom and taking her out. But this weekend we are celebrating daughter #1 birthday (29th)
and we'll be seeing our beloved Ari.
Shes starting to talk. She knows hi , bye, and no. Remember those days?
Have a good rest today
Love and hugs.

@ahipgma - yes! When I've had a virtual break it really does feel slightly real!! It's akin to meditation or hypnotherapy ( never had hypnotherapy but I do meditate and often feel very refreshed ) :SUNsmile:
My surgeon also operates only on a Wednesday! Wouldn't it be a good co-incidence if we had the same date?!
The differences between prep are noticeable, I only needed blood test's and pre -op hip measurements via x-ray last time - I'm not sure we routinely chest x-ray or ECG in the area I live. I think it changes from the trust to trust may be because of financial implications?
We had our bathroom redone about four years ago because I Was struggling with getting my leg over the existing bath to stand to shower and it was badly in need of an upgrade after many years of use! so I had a big walk-in shower on one wall and a larger Deep bath on the other wall (because I'm tall and have never been able to stretch my legs in a standard size bath) In the middle between the two we have a raised comfort seat toilet. Such a great decision! On the opposite wall a sink and vanity unit. It's a very large bathroom but one of my favourite places to go to to relax, that does sound strange But I find having a bath really helps with my aches and pains and it's the only place I get to read a book in peace!
So last night I finally had a bath!!! I planned each movement and action down to the last T!
Then I filled the bath with water and ignored my plans and got in the way I use to!!! I did hurt my right hip as it took a lot of the movement and I felt it crunch ( oh! I won't miss that pain and feeling) I don't think I'll bathe again as I was in pain overnight and feel really stiff this morning ... Lesson learned!
My children finished school for the holidays on Friday and return on 4th September.Ive got the school uniform/school bag/lunch box/shoes/PE kit/Blazer/ homework list on my table and No doubt we'll glance at it regularly and on the 5th week.......
Well news from the UK just happening - Boris Johnson has just been elected as Prime Minister....
I'm listening to his speech now and -well- there are no words.....
So on that note I'm going to have a coffee and turn off the mad and crazy political world that is at present
Have a cheery Tuesday lovelies :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Well done on the soak, sorry you had to pay a bit for it afterwards. We added a downstairs shower room in an extended utility room 5 years ago with a walk in shower. We thought it would be handy for washing our muddy spaniel after his walks, but I always said it would be my hip replacement shower. And I was right! I do wish we had installed a comfort height toilet too, but with the riser I got from PT it's been ok. Hubby got to inaugurate it after he broke his ankle and then had a TKR 2 years ago.

Our tub upstairs is very deep and I haven't dared try to plonk myself in it yet. I usually have hot baths in the winter, though. But now with our hot tub (which is hilarious watching me heave myself in and out at the moment) I get my soaking fix. But no lovely smelling bath foam. :boohoo:

Hopefully you'll be on the mend with #2 soon. :)

Hi all
What an interesting week!
Hoping that our dear @ChrissyW is relaxing and restoring on her cruise. I have several projects planned including defrosting a downstairs freezer I've had since i got married-- I'm doing everything I can to have a 30 year+ old appliance that still works. Replacing a broken window blind, deep cleaning my carpets.
Then all comes to a halt when our Ari comes for a visit because she is into everything-- she'll be here for 3 days. August 21 will come all too soon and then recovery #2 will take me to Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Forgot to take my Naproxen yesterday and by late afternoon my hip was bothering me, yes but seems that med covers a multitude of pains and that stuff hurt too , especially my hands. Lots of vial opening and injection giving for many years. So even after both hips replaced will still deal with all over arthritis. But it could be much worse.
I still am considering retirement, and my hub and I do a lot of number crunching related to that. My husband is 4 years younger than I and still works full time.
Good for you with the bath @Mayhip . But I think you like I am finding my undone hip much more annoying that my new one. I am a little dismayed at having to go thru the whole surgery biz again but I know its necessary.
We had horrible heat and humidity and like a blessing yesterday that weather blew away and we have clear dry sunny with highs in the 70s. Whew! Going to enjoy that!
We of course heard about your new Prime minister. Is that a congrats or an oh no! Dont know anything about him.
Groaning over Trumps tweets keeps us all busy:doh:
Maybe we choose a place to virtual visit that is close to home or better yet, our home town or a town we love.
I go to NY all the time, so where would you like to go before your next op @Mayhip8 or back to California @Calgal?
Hope you have a great evening!:loveshwr:

Hi ladies
I had a painful day yesterday and needed pain relief and diazepam last night because of trapped nerve in neck, spasm in hip and general Oh! .. I understand what you mean @ahipgma - arthritis affects my other joints too but not to the degree as it does my hips. I'd almost forgotten about those pesky glass vials!! Did you also use the "Australian lift" in the 80's? Meant to be kinder to ours and the patients bodies but oh! Those aches at the end of a shift!...
After recovery next time I'm going to look into changing my diet back to one without sugar and increase probiotics, I actually found that when I did this in the past it did seem to reduce inflammation, However with not being in charge of my own nutrition immediately post op I tended to return to sweet treats and nursery type food !yes ! I became a patient! There's a joke in my family that I feed them white food on a white plate when they are Ill! - good job they didn't apply the same rule to me :heehee: how's your 8 hour eating regime going? Is it successful?

So Boris Johnson is all over the news again today as Theresa May has left number 10 - my political views are so far removed from anything Conservative that it wouldn't be fair for me to comment- however my personal attitude towards Overpaid,pompous, racist ,homophobic ,misogynistic ,overgrown juvenile schoolboys, is I'm sure, shared by others. One can only wait and see.

We have a bit of a heatwave here (- we used to call it summer ) and had some amazing lightening storms during the night - I love lying safe in bed watching storms and listening to the rain fall- it blocks out the noise of the town and traffic in the distance and makes me think I'm sleeping in a calm quiet forest camping out in a tent!
Did you have them near you @Calgal how did your doggy cope!? We used to have a Spinger Spaniel and she was soooo lively! Gorgeous natured dogs but crazy!

@ahipgma I didn't have much notice about my last surgery so I really didn't have time to think too much about it as it was less than five days of running around organising stuff (as you do.) I can't remember if I've already told you but I went into a kind of meditative state as soon as I left home on morning of surgery. I treated the thing like a dual virtual journey - the first leg ( pre-op) was a flight to southern Spain- Postop was to be spent in Dubai, I could see lights from the window and hills in the distance from my hospital room I managed to fool myself they were a distant city ! I remember being very calm about everything because I told myself that's the way I needed to be. Every now and again and again when I think about my next surgery I do feel a little bit on the ruffled side but then I tell myself I don't even know the date yet so I'm worrying about it unnecessarily and to get on with my day.
Once I do know the date then I think I will manage it in a different way (probably by running around like a headless chicken!)
All of these experiences are new to us but it really does help to know how other people cope and plan and have managed the situation. The main thing to remember is look at us now ! how well we're doing and there's absolutely no reason to think that we won't repeat this amazing recovery :fingersx:
Well I will leave it there for now - my children are going to help me make a " party tea" - sausages in honey mustard dressing, Moroccan couscous,rice salad, spring rolls,fruit trifle mmmmmm might need some squirty cream for that trifle.....
@ Calgal do you fancy anywhere in particular for a virtual trip?
@ChrissyW Hope your'e having a fabby holiday :martini:
:SUNsmile::flwrysmile:
:loveshwr::loveshwr:

Hello to all
We are having such a stretch of weather
Dry and warm with cool nights excellent for sleeping unless someone forgets to notify my hip:shrug:.Hope your day is less painful today @Mayhip8!

I like your idea of how to cope with the next surgery.

There are some things I'll do differently this go round. My main things that concern me are blood clots, infection and dislocation, some of which we have control over. The rest is just being patient and healing.

That said today I'm going to get out there and garden, go to the gym and pick up my mom later and bring her out for some baked chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans.

Your tea sounds wonderful, I bet your children and settling into their summer break nicely. Remembering back, they are all too short.
Have a great rest of the day:flwrysmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mayhip8 I so agree about the diet! Loved your white food on a white plate analogy, you are describing me in great detail. Hoping to break out of my food funk and get back in the healthy, fresh food game!!

Re: arthritis in other areas,, we just got to keep keeping on.. :flwrysmile:

Anxious to see where you girls journey off to next!:surfer:

Did you have them near you @Calgal how did your doggy cope!?

Yes @Mayhip8 we had what seemed like hours of lightning!! Doggy was fine. He's a gundog so he thinks thunder is gunshot which means pheasants to chase! Hubby hates the lightning more than poochie. :rofsign: The best thing about it was that it broke through all the humidity! Yesterday was sweltering! I'm sitting in front of a fan at the moment (in recliner, feet elevated) after a long walk with dog early this morning, then making jam with Mirabelle plums that litter our lawn for 4 solid weeks every July. Whew!

I could give you all a detailed tour of San Francisco but it would make me homesick I'm afraid. We'll have to find a more neutral place next virtual holiday. :idea:

Stay cool!

Hi to all
Another week almost gone!
Meeting a friend for lunch today and trying to stay on my diet. Hmmmm. A common dilemma for mature women the world over.
Both my hips are hurting today. The new hip because I flop around in any old sleeping position and end up with a muscle pull and the one not done really just needs to be fixed. But walked my half mile and will do my stretches later . The new hip gets better as the day goes on though which is encouraging.
It seems like when your surgery is less than a month away time just speeds up
For nearly 6 months my life has been all about this so speed away!!!:fasthorse:
My grandaughter is coming to stay with us at intermittent times for the next 2 weeks, that'll keep me busy.
Miss our @ChrissyW as she relaxes on the high seas:capn: and @Mayhip8 and@Calgal hope you are enjoying sunny days:SUNsmile: and peaceful nights:sleeep::sleep:.
There. My emoticon fix for the day!
:roseshwr: and:friends: :yes:

It's Friday already !
Morning all, the main news in the UK is the heat wave,global warming, how much nobody could sleep last night and what the nations favourite ice lollies are! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

Oh well we can only do what we can do and I'm grateful I'm from a big family and we have a wide circle of friends who we are close to and we all support each other.

Yesterday I encouraged more activity By shopping in the supermarket then the garden centre again- this time I did get some lovely bargains and bedding plants to save! My son and hubby and I then went for a long walk around the local park - And had the compulsory ice cream. we returned home to finish off planting out and feeding of plants and my rosebushes, I did rest for 30 minutes every couple of hours as I felt achy
We mainly spent the day outside until 11 pm last night ! sitting laughing with my family felt like normality is returning however I still can't sit comfortably for long periods.
My daughter had been at a big theme park with her friends yesterday and she was telling us all about it on her return last night. The temperatures were still in the high 20s at that hour and we awaited storms that didn't appear so went inside to be fanned into to coolness. I ached and ached! I could tell that I had used muscles I've not used for awhile but I'm not worried about it I feel quite proud like I've achieved something.
Along with the rest of the country I didn't really sleep very well and was up at 5:30 doing yet more gardening and some house chores whilst it was cool, I have come back to my nest a few times since then as I feel pain is where I've not had pain before but as I said nothing to worry about .
So @Calgal @ahipgma we could plan a short trip to cooler climes ? I wonder when @ChrissyW ( we miss you !) returning from her Nordic cruise? Maybe we could surprise her and meet up with her? We could even lie on some ice to cool down and relieve some pain?
Have a comfortable Friday ladies and @ahipgma hope you get some lovely time to enjoy with your granddaughter.
@Calgal what is what is your doggie called how's it coping with this heat ?
TTFN :flwrysmile::loveshwr::yay:

Last edited by a moderator:
o @Calgal @ahipgma we could plan a short trip to cooler climes ? I wonder when @ChrissyW ( we miss you !) returning from her Nordic cruise

Just a thought, it's winter in southern hemisphere so why not Australia?

what is what is your doggie called how's it coping with this heat ?

You're not gonna believe this but his name is Fuggley. Long story. Hubby watched a program about Australian dog pound wardens and there was this very clever dog that he got sick if catching so he let it ride around all day in his van. The dogs name was Fuggley. My hubby didn't know what it meant in Australian slang!!! We added another g to make it different...yeah right. Anyway he HATES the heat and has been parked in front of a fan (with me!) the past few days. :dogsniff:

Have a great day - it's cooler a bit I think. UK heatwaves are horrid because we don't have the air conditioning everywhere like our American hippies. :hairpulling:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts