May Marvelettes 2012 - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piglet

Koose
Good luck for today. Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing your posts when you are up to it. :friends:

tygerlylli

HI Gang,

I'm having my LTKR on May 21st. My RTKR is doing much better now. I hope ever one is doing terrific!:thumb:

BLAKQUEEN

Sonja, prayers and peace be with you tomorrow. Get some rest and make sure you stay away from that pesty MRSA!!!!!!!:yahoo:We'll see you on the other side

RestAssured

BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
Hello all May Marvels and Marvelettes! My surgery has been moved to Monday May 7th because he had an emergency situation today. I prayed for the man that took my place and was so thankful that I wasn't the emergency!

This poor man had been with another ortho that had played around until the infection had gotten so bad that Dr. Maale has had him in the hospital for a month! He is flying in a world renowned plastic surgeon, and this was the only time that that surgeon could help him create the flap for the front of the leg. After talking to the man's wife, I had even more respect for Dr. Maale. They are on a fixed income so he is donating his services and so is the plastic surgeon! What a doctor! Dr. Maale will never mention any of this, he is very caring, and if his patients do what he asks, he will go to the ends of the earth for them!:thumb:

RestAssured

BoneSmart Staff
Country

Hi Holly yes I was struggling too. Typical but my surgery date got brought forward today to the 14th. Makes a change from being delayed!!:yes 4:

Piglet less time for you to be in pain with arthritis, and more time for you to enjoy the rest of your life!:yahoo:

Patob

I am having TKR of left knee May 21st, and I am very anxious. I have had three really bad dislocations and knee is shot, so I know it is necessary. I still am able to walk, and not in constant pain, so keep second guessing the surgery. I was very happy to find this site, it has been very helpful.

RestAssured

BoneSmart Staff
Country
I am having TKR of left knee May 21st, and I am very anxious. I have had three really bad dislocations and knee is shot, so I know it is necessary. I still am able to walk, and not in constant pain, so keep second guessing the surgery. I was very happy to find this site, it has been very helpful.

Welcome Patob,

The dislocations will stop and after you recover you will be amazed at how much better you feel. I sometimes forget that my left knee isn't real :biggrin:

thethom

:thumb:Monday, May 14, BTKR scheduled. Still terrified, apprehensive. Pre-op physicals passed w/flying colors and high confidence in OS. Pain management seems as important as PT in recovery. Don't call me addicted if I need to refill my meds. It seems if you have still angry knees, they produce natural unhealthy hormones that exacerbate the negative aspects of recovery (swelling, tightness, etc.).
I guess you can call me a May Marvellette, except if this a gender specific group, make me a May Marvel ?? ........................

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR ..Staff member since Feb 2009..
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
Hi, Patob....welcome to BoneSmart!! So glad you joined our forum. Why don't you start a thread of your own here in the pre-op forum and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members. Don't worry about that second-guessing you're doing. We all had similar feelings. From what you describe....it is time!

@Patob:

1ELISEA

big-cheese
Country
:thumb:Monday, May 14, BTKR scheduled. I guess you can call me a May Marvellette, except if this a gender specific group, make me a May Marvel ?? .......................
You can be a Marvel Super Hero - is there one that strikes your fancy? The Hulk, Iron Man, Spidey Man, Captain America?

RestAssured

BoneSmart Staff
Country

Thanks.

The only experience I have is the arthroscopy last November which really upset the knee and took twice as long as the surgeon said to get back to work and ,even then in hindsight that was too early but I felt under pressure as I had told work I would be back in 3 weeks and it was 6. I wish the os would be more realistic in timings
Unfortunately I'm now off sick until the op as the pain has increased and it keeps swelling so doing the ice rest and elevate.
Work have asked how long I will be off after the next op. what is a realistic timescale as the os has said 6 weeks? My gp will be ok to give longer. I want to get back as soon as I can but this time I want to listen to my knee and not rush and overdo it
I will have a phased return but don't know what that will look like
Any advice on realistic timescales (appreciating we are all different) and back to work phasing would be greatly appreciated
How are you feeling? Hopefully this will be your final one!!
Realistic 8-12 weeks:biggrin:

I truly believe this will be the last surgery! God is taking care of me! Who could ask for more?:yahoo:

Bluegrove

I am scheduled for RTKR on Monday, May 14. Looking forward to surgery but just a bit nervous about the aftermath. Keeping busy reading all the recommended articles in the meantime!

RTKR scheduled for May 14, 2012

1ELISEA

big-cheese
Country
MAY SURGERY LIST - REVISED

Week 1
May 3 Kose

Week 2
May 7 RestAssured (Sonja)
May 8 Proskier
May 11 Dotty

Week 3
May 14 Bluegrove
May 14 Kfriedm (Kathy)

May 14 limpy7

May 14 Piglet

May 14 thethom

May 15 Jmark87

May 17 Rickard1957 (Richard)

Week 4
May 21 Tygerlylli
May 21 Patob

Week 5
May 29 1Elisea
May 31 HollyM (Holly)

HollyM

MAY SURGERY LIST - REVISED

Week 1
May 3 Kose

Week 2
May 7 RestAssured (Sonja)
May 8 Poskier

Week 3
May 14 Bluegrove
May 14 Kfriedm (Kathy)

May 14 limpy7

May 14 Piglet

May 14 thethom

May 15 Jmark87

May 17 Rickard1957 (Richard)

Week 4
May 21 Tygerlylli
May 21 Patob

Week 5
May 29 1Elisea
May 31 HollyM (Holly)

Hey - thanks for the updated version! Yours looks much nicer than the one I did!!! :thumb:

1ELISEA

big-cheese
Country
Hey - thanks for the updated version! Yours looks much nicer than the one I did!!! :thumb:

Was attempting to make it easy to locate. Will update now and again or copy and paste it so we always on the current page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lyla
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom