TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Roll Tide!

How goes it?

Roll Tide Roll! :yahoo:

It is about the same. I'm trying to lose weight to see if that helps. I'm sure it will, but I am doing it without exercise. I need to get to a point where my weight is down enough where exercise doesn't hurt me. That vicious cycle of exercise then I don't want to do it because the knee hurts doesn't work for me. I get down to a certain weight then I can exercise the rest off. I know it sounds weird, but this is how it works for me. I can survive chaperoning a high school football game. :walking:

While I was chaperoning the high school football game Friday night I saw a fellow TKR lady there in a wheelchair. She had her surgery by the same surgeons I went to. She had her surgery two weeks prior. I couldn't believe she was there at the game. First I asked her why she was at the game when she should be at home with her leg elevated and ice on it. She didn't seem concerned and thought it would be okay. She stated that she was going to also come next week to the game. Whoa! She kind of liked the attention. I got onto her for sitting in the wheelchair with her leg down and asked her if she had plenty of pain meds. Having had the same surgeon I was sure that she did, but knew she would be in A LOT of pain that night after she got home. I asked her if she had an ice pack or something with her. OMG she didn't. I had her sister go to the concession stand and get her some ice then I rolled the extra ice chest by her to place her leg up. She stayed the whole game. I hope she recovered from Friday night. My first OS doesn't give proper information to patients on how to do their recovery. He is an awesome surgeon. Can do an excellent job but after care (Rehab) stinks.

I hope you are doing well @amab. Thanks for checking in on me.

That was really sweet of you to help your fellow recoverer. Probably saved her a lot of pain. I am a Florida Gator, so no comment on how any tide might be rolling.:heehee:

I'm coming up on my 4 year kneeversary on Tuesday:dancy::spin::loveshwr::yay::happydance:I can't believe it has been that long since my surgery. I can still tell that I have a replacement. There is still a numb feeling parts of my knee. All is well. Good luck to those still in early recovery! :flwrysmile:

Congrats!!!! Crossed the 4 year mark with my left knee in February and will celebrate the 4th year with my right one in September. All going good here!

Roll Tide!!

Good to hear that you have your normal life back! :yes!:

I still have a numb area on my let leg - that TKR is 5+ years old. I guess the numbness could be permanent, but it doesn't bother me.

I had numb spots 6 years after my PKR. I fully expect to have more with my revision. No big deal.

Thanks! :loveshwr: Not totally normal, but I guess it can be considered normal for someone with a TKR that has a spacer a little too small for my knee. The velcro ripping sound is still there when I stand from a sitting position, but I have gotten used to it. :rotfl: All in all it all grows on you. :SUNsmile:

@amab Roll Tide Roll

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom