THR May hip op:-)

Happy Three Week Anniversary!
Sounds like you're taking it slow and easy as you should.
I hope you have a great week. Stay in touch. :wave:
@SEA

• Friendly
Reactions: SEA
Well it's been one month since your surgery.
Happy Anniversary to you!
I hope you're doing well and are pleased with your progress. Next time you're on the forum, leave us an update if you have time. We'd love to hear how you're doing. :)
@SEA

Hi!

Thank you @Layla I am feeling fine today. Yesterday I had my second bout of physio. I was told my gait is good without one crutch when I was asked ‘to walk the line’ but was surprised when my physio gave me some quite heavy weights to do with squats with and high steps. Felt good though stretching and doing some different exercises then the usual ones at home, but I did need that crutch at the end of the session!

I took it easy today and just cycled on my exercise bike for literally 10 minutes then chilled all day. That was me done. I just usually walk around the close where I live which takes around 15minutes to get some fresh air if I haven’t been out. I did mention to the physio that my RTH which I had done 3 yrs ago was aching a little at times and he said it was probably because I had put pressure on it limping because of the left hip whilst waiting for it to be done. This seemed right and I will benefit exercising both sides in my recovery. I think I was a little worried about a revision because of a few little twinges I’ve been having! I think I am looking for problems as I can’t believe I have two great new hips! Cannot believe I’m not in pain and won’t be limping after all these years! I feel like I am so blessed. I slept on my side with a pillow between my legs this week and it felt good, but ended up on my back after a few hours. Also only taking two paracetamol, well just two today but will increase if need too if any aches. Glad those fragmine injections are complete will miss them in a funny way!

:wave:Glad to see you are doing well @SEA
Happy belated One Month.
Better and better she goes:egypdance:

• Friendly
I think I was a little worried about a revision because of a few little twinges I’ve been having! I think I am looking for problems as I can’t believe I have two great new hips! Cannot believe I’m not in pain and won’t be limping after all these years! I feel like I am so blessed.

I'm excited for you. :yes!: How wonderful to feel your happiness and gratitude. May it only get better as time marches on. Thanks for the update. Sending love and hugs :loveshwr: :friends: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@SEA

• Friendly
@SEA :hi:
Hope you are doing something fun this weekend.:happydance:

This weekend has gone by, as they do, so quickly! I see my surgeon tomorrow 6wk check up and then my OS on Thursday hopefully last time with OS and leaving with exercises to do at home. Don’t really plan on returning to work for another 3 weeks if all ok. (9wks absent). Everyone’s recovery is different I’m sure.

I tend to walk a little each day and use the exercise bike not more 30 minutes now. Feel stiff some mornings but it eases off as I become mobile more, and working on my gait as soon I remember to correct myself! Kind regards to you for a great week ahead!

@Mojo333

:flwrysmile:Well if you had told me you were at a carnival on the rides, I shall have had to fuss at you.:heehee:
I meant fun as in walking a bit...with no hip pain and getting some fresh air...and really was just trying to conjure you up to see how you were.:tada:
Your recovery sounds perfectly normal :yes: and I know it would seem like I would have to fire things back up after sitting a bit.

Reminded me of part of instructions on a sauce mix...
Will stiffen upon standing.:giggle:
Time is the greatest healer, as you know.
Do update us and let us know how your appointment goes.
Healing hugs, double hippy pal!:loveshwr:

@Mojo333 :heehee::loll: totally agree with that sauce mix! Yes, will keep you updated too - how lovely me being a double hippy pal! Thank you :egypdance:

leaving with exercises to do at home.
No, no, no. Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

No exercising: what does that really mean?

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and enjoyed a pleasant weekend.
Wondering if you're headed black to work this week? If so I wish you all the best. Take is slow.
Would be lovely to hear from you again one day soon...when you have the time.
A great week to you! :)
@SEA

I returned to work yesterday! All went well and I sat most of the time as I have a desk job and got up on the hour to walk around a bit and stretch. It was nice to get back into the so called routine mentally, but wow, did I sleep well last night! Really nice of you @Layla to think of me as I am secretly proud of my two month hippy anniversary! I will follow your advice as always and take it slow - Thank you!

Even though a few of my colleagues are saying 'you look as nothing has been done' and 'you are walking as normal', I know (and feel) that I am still healing inside:) Good luck to all our friends on here who are starting back on their work journeys I am thinking of you:flwrysmile::spin:

Great update and isn't it nice to be walking well and not dealing with that horrid hip pain 24-7?:happydance:
Hope all goes well as you get back to work and life...do come home and rest and ice.
As you say, lots of healing still happening.:unsure:
Hope today is a good day:SUNsmile:

@Mojo333 yes yippee!! I was just thinking that earlier has I climbed up stairs here in work which used to be so painful, in fact I used to put my left arm across my body to the handrail to pull myself up the 7 steps - but not anymore! Everyday, something gets easier that secretly makes me smile. I am grateful.

thanks Mojo :loveshwr:

Hi @SEA :hi: Thanks for updating.
It's nice to learn your return to work went well. Awesome that you slept well after your first day back.
It's fulfilling to get back to our routine, especially without the pain. Having the flexibility to sit and take walking breaks at work hopefully makes it more comfortable as you ease back in. Sounds like you're on your way. :ok:
Enjoy the rest of the week and stay in touch! :)

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well, SEA.
Please leave us an update sharing your progress. We'd love to hear all about it.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@SEA

Yes, Happy 3 Months @SEA :yahoo:
Hope all is getting better and your stamina is improving.
Hope you have a great week.:thumb:

@Mojo333 @Layla - all is well with me and I am amazed at how easy it is now to walk up the 52 steps at the train station after work! Obviously, still a bit stiff when I stand up after sitting down say, watching t.v, but I just stretch up on my tip toes and that seems to work. I walk most days just to and fro and general little exercises sit ups etc as and when. My only concern is that I haven't had my 3mth x-ray and check up from surgeon/clinic so I may have to get onto them. They are usually good at sending letters out but to be honest, I forgot myself until just this week. I just remembered the surgeon saying that the next time he will see me is in 3mths as the bone around the inplant in the leg part takes that long to heal?

Isn't it so nice to get our lives back?
Also is nice to have those reassuring images that all is well with the implant.
The stiffness after being at rest is quite common for this stage...but I also did some little marching or tip toe stretches to get things firing before starting off.
Thanks for the update @SEA but I would call to remind them you are overdo for your followup.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts