THR May hip op:-)

Wonderful to hear from you...new double hippy!:dancy:
Last one, and done!
Healing hugs:loveshwr:

@SEA so great to hear you're doing well and looking to get sprung soon. That is so awesome, wishing you an uneventful (no problems) and pain free (as much as possible) recovery.
:cheers:

Congrats! Yucky part is over :heehee:
No more pre-op anxiety, onto the healing part. :happydance:
Wishing you comfort as you begin the journey.
Happy Wednesday :flwrysmile:
@SEA

Congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you’ll be out enjoying those new hips soon.

Hi @SEA :wave:
We need to get you on to the recovery side of the forum.
Happy one week Hipversary!:flwrysmile:
Hope things are starting to smooth out for you.
Sending healing hugs:friends:

@Mojo333 awwhh thank you think I have a muggled head today! Do I just go the hip recovery forum and write a little how I’m progressing?

awwhh thank you think I have a muggled head today
What? You act like to just had another hip replaced.:heehee:

We can merge with your 6 day post op thread.
Do you want to title it differently?

• Friendly
Reactions: SEA
@SEA I think you may have spotted that your thread has been moved to the post-op side and that you now have a nice blue "THR" prefix on it! I also noticed that no-one has yet given you these - please note the paragraph BIG TIP

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

@Mojo333 the title is fine! Thank you for the guidelines they are much needed to refresh. Felt low today! Bit frustrating but now ain’t now I know why and it’s only natural. Trying to water my pot plants in the conservatory myself! All sorted now and my tears are wiped!

Feeling much better as on top of meds as the codeine was initially making me feel so nauseous. The G.A which I prefer always makes me sick afterwards so I expected that. Woke up in the night feeling as though the Ted socks where burning my heels. Alone at the moment but managed to use my long yellow shoe horn to push socks in better position. This took sometime and I promptly feel back into a glorious sleep after taking two paracetamol! My daughter around later can’t wait! Above all! All recovery going as expected and staples out on Tuesday!

I had my share of weepy moments...it's quite enjoy to put our bodies and minds through.
Thankfully, all temporary!:yes:
Glad Josephine refreshed your recovery guidelines...just because we should know, doesn't mean we don't need some reminding.

Woke up in the night feeling as though the Ted socks where burning my heels. Alone at the moment but managed to use my long yellow shoe horn to push socks in better position. This took sometime and I promptly feel back into a glorious sleep after taking two paracetamol!
TEDS:gaah:and I had such hypersensitivity for a stretch that I swear I could feel the hem on the sheet or a wrinkle beneath me would become a burr!
My legs Would Not stay still do I think friction caused my heels to burn:unsure:
My stepmother lent me her "sheepy", a bathmat size swath of sheepskin that worked perfectly to alleviate the friction...though did get a bit warm at times.
Glad your daughter will be coming by to cheer you up.
Hope today is a much better day!:ok:

• Agree
Almost three weeks post op and feeling so much better. Been having little walks with one crutch around our close. Waking up usually once in the night to pop an ice pack on scar side but all fine and soothing! Found myself walking between rooms without crutch but now checking my gait and walking ‘tall’ back to get crutch! :ice::yahoo: daughter home from Montreal (I’m in Liverpool) this coming week so even happier

Happy Sunday! :hi: Thanks for the update.
Three weeks already! It sounds like you're doing really well.
Enjoy the time with your daughter and have a wonderful week!
@SEA

Wonderful update!:happydance:
Onward and upward @SEA :egypdance:

Great to hear you doing so well. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

I blinked and suddenly was at 2 months post-op :heehee:
Glad to hear you are doing well, just mind the O(ver)D(oing)It club -- I've joined it a few times in the last 5 weeks, but rest,ice and paracetamol takes care of most things for me :hugzz:

Thank you everyone, a nice restful week a head with just the usual gentle exercises:angel:! Appetite is better now not taking codeine just paracetamol yes @mollymum they work for me too! Thank you:cheers:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member