THR Marvellous Marvin's New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
prayer & positive energy.jpg
are being sent your way, Carol, @Mad Rocker. I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through such a traumatic and heart wrenching experience. I know your decision was difficult, but I think you have done what is best in this situation.

Please take care of yourself and keep us posted. We care.
hug, big 10.jpg

Glad she will be transferred to hospice, she will receive the care she needs. Hospice will keep her comfortable at the end of her journey. The course you have chosen is much kinder than any medical intervention at this time.
Carol please take care of yourself at this stressful time as best you can.
Love and caring,
Chris

Oh Carol, I know just what you are going through. We went through this with my partner's mother several years ago. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease! We never got that call so his mother died in hospital - not what she would have wanted. So glad your Mom will be a hospice. They will ensure she is comfortable. We are here for you as always. Take care @Mad Rocker !

Hugs to you, Carol, during this difficult time. Your mom is fortunate to be getting hospice care and I hope that will help you all during her transition time. It's hard to say good-bye to your mom…

Take care,
Cardie

I'm so sorry, Carol.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I just got back on line. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. This is a ruff time but do rest and do what you need to do. I know the hill your on right now is ruff but we will help you make it if you need us, just let us know. Life can be so ruff at times and doesn't make sense. I wish we all could give you real hugs but this place had tons and they are all for you. Take care my friend and if there is anything I can do, please ask. :console2::console2::console2::console2::console2:We are here for you. :yes!: Remember we care:SUNsmile::SUNsmile: Tashia

Blessings to your mom, Carol, and may she rest in peace. May you feel a sense of comfort in knowing you did the hard work of being with and helping your mom as she got to the end of her life.

Take care,
Cardie

Carol,
Very sorry for your loss. Think of your mum in a peaceful
place with no pain...

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Week 132 Post Op
5:07 am

Hello Everyone
It's been a long time since I have been on BS. Just too many things going on since my mom passed and everything else.
I am booked for exploratory hip surgery 18 Sept. My MRI did show that the gluteus medius and minimus are not attached which accounts for my abductor weakness and some pain. So my OS is opening me up like a can and taking a look-see (his words). Somewhat disturbing diagnosis but if that is what it takes then in we go.

I had a shot in the trochanter in June and as a result I have had a wonderful summer; almost pain-free. I still took my morphine but usually with morphine I have had a pain baseline of 4, but this summer it was 3 and in the scheme of things that is :happydance:.

Suddenly....

Something has been happening this past week----squeaking from places around me. Is it the wood floor or the toilet seat? And there is some new spots of pain above the trochanter. So much so that I cannot even sleep the two hours on my bad side that I have been managing this summer. It took until 3:00 am this morning for that sudden revelation and sit up in bed before I realized it was my hip squeaking. :flabber: OMG what next?!? AND I just saw my GP yesterday for my final check up before surgery.
I did the Google thing and it didn't do a lick of nothing in settling my fears of what is going on.
The only thing I can think of to do is call my GP for another appointment , call my OS's assistant and maybe it is time to postpone surgery again get a CT, get a re-assessment and do the wait and see thing.

To be honest I am abit shaken. :bawl:
'til later

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carol @Mad Rocker , I as just thinking about you yesterday. We have missed you here but understand you have lots going on. So sorry to hear you are having more surgery.
call my OS's assistant and maybe it is time to postpone surgery again get a CT
Why would you postpone - surely this new "noise" needs to be address and since your OS is going in to take a look - all the better.

Please join our September surgery group. You will find me on the list as well. Time for hip #2!

Just tell your OS you hadn't planned on needing to carry an oil can around for the rest of your life! :heehee: Please keep us updated.

Carol,
Glad to see you back, sorry to hear your glut med and minimus are not attached, and sad they did not fnd it sooner.
Wishing you all the best for your upcoming surgery, and that you find relief, finally.

Hi Carol,

Hoping that you made it in for the "look see" surgery and maybe got some answers and a tune-up. Give us an update when you feel able.

Take care,
Cardie

Hi Carol,
Hope you are doing well, did you have your surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Raithtaxi
Recent bookmarks
Back