Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Martial Arts Post TKR?

OP
OP
T

Tkdbob

Country
United States United States
One thing I will be asking my surgeon during my next office visit is how much weight are the knee replacement materials designed to handle. If anyone knows what the typical design specs. are it would be helpful information. I’m talking about fully healed knees after replacement not weight restrictions during the healing process.

loneshark64

Country
One thing I will be asking my surgeon during my next office visit is how much weight are the knee replacement materials designed to handle. If anyone knows what the typical design specs. are it would be helpful information. I’m talking about fully healed knees after replacement not weight restrictions during the healing process.
I would like to know that. I just lost 15lbs getting ready for surgery but it’s the “impact weight” at the knees, so to speak, that matters

OP
OP
T

Tkdbob

Country
That’s all good food for though and there is age to consider. At 66 I don’t move like I did twenty years ago and knowing I have maybe ten good years left before I start feeling my age and really slow down I think moderation when working out will allow the replacements to last that long. After that I’ll live with a revision if needed. Good percentage sacrifice a lot to get longevity and wind up with a revision anyway.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Decadeofbliss
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom