TKR Marie’s LTKR thread!

I am sorry you're hurting, Marie. I wish you didn't have to wait until the 29th. I wish you comfort while you wait. Please keep us posted.
@InkedMarie

Hi, Marie…. . I’ve been off the forum for a bit, & still trying to get caught up. I saw your latest update on Monday, & am So sorry to hear that you are in pain! At least your hip implant is good, and your thighs are doing better. But the back pain is no fun. My lower back really hurts first thing in the morning, but once I’m up for a while, & moving around, it gets better. I do have some disk degeneration, & osteoarthritis , which I suppose is no surprise at nearly 78. My husband , now 82, was working at our local Lowe’s back before the Pandemic began. He began having back pain. Our family Dr prescribed a back brace that did help. She was incredible at things like that. He no longer works there, but is very active, he is currently working on doing marquetry, & building us some new nightstands. He still occasionally will have bouts of the back pain, & will pull out the brace (along with some oral pain reliever, & sometimes a few sessions of rest & heat. Like you say, along with my sister, this getting old ain’t for sissies! Hopefully, your MRI on the 29th will give the Drs a heads up on what is going on, & a good treatment plan.

Are you getting much winter weather in New Hampshire? We had the privilege of traveling up there many years ago, when my husband worked for a company based there, in Nashua. I remember it being rather beautiful. We visited the Robert Frost farm state historic site in Franconia, which we both loved ( I’ve always loved some of his poetry). And I remember eating at a restaurant where we had something called Franconia potatoes. They were incredibly delicious, but I have never been able to find a recipe… I suppose it was a local creation. This was nearly 50 years ago, as our daughter was around one, and she will be 50 next August. Time does fly, doesn’t it? But we both do have very fond memories of New Hampshire.

Well, I should go & get our breakfast started… it’s a steel cut oatmeal sort of morning here, in the teens,. Do take care, and I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts, & watching for your posts. I hope you have a good day.

Hi @Catalien45 ! Thanks for the good thoughts. I know I have degenerative disc disease but this was different, with front thigh pain. I just want a diagnosis. I start back PT on Monday.

When I figure out what’s up with my back...I need to have my left shoulder look at. It has increasingly become painful and hard to lift my arm up.

Funny you should ask about weather. With the exception of the Seacoast area, the rest of us are getting 3-12”. 6-12” for us in Gilford. I work at a school but our superintendent called a snow day last night.

Have a great weekend!
Marie

Good morning, Marie! I’m sitting here with my first cup of coffee, & thought I’d check on some of my Bonesmart buddies. Your tab was still up, & I saw this post. I’m wondering how you are doing these days. Is sounds like you are having some real challenges. I’m hoping you are having some good results with your PT. It’s amazing sometimes what a good PT can do. We have a couple here who are really good. Is your back upper, or lower? I have degenerative disks also, mostly lower , and in my neck. My back is always stiff & painful when I first wake up, but does get better once I am up & moving around. The shoulder sounds painful. I sure hope your dr is able to help you there.
Our 7-year old grandson recently fell & broke his arm. At first, they thought it was a dislocated shoulder, as the break was high up on the arm, but, it was a clean break on the arm. He was in a lot of pain for a while, but, now, sporting a cast, is not slowed down much. He’ll be out of the cast, then, a brace for a while, & back to normal activities. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could heal so quickly?
Are you still having a lot of snow? We’ve had a few good snows, & some really cold spells, several nights subzero. Right now, it is nice, quite a bit of sun, days in 40’s & 50’s mostly. No doubt, we will have more snow, but, it is winter, and, as I was recently reminded, the daffodils will be popping up before too long. Our front yard, faces south, is nearly clear now, but the back still has a lot of snow ( much to kitty Felicity’s disgust!). We are all looking forward to Spring!
Well, I should go start our breakfast. Those steel cut oats are sounding better by the moment. Then, on to some more much- needed cleaning out. Our local thrift stores are about to make a haul. As my sister puts it, “ moving some things into someone else’s reality.”
I’ll be thinking about you today, & hoping you are doing better & finding some relief . Take care , & have a lovely day.

Hello @Catalien45 ! Thanks for checking in. I do back exercises at home. Its my lower back. I’m in PT for my shoulder (rotator cuff tendinitis). The injection only seemed to help for a few weeks. I’ll live but these stupid things sure are irritating!

Your poor grandson! I hope he heals fast. I have no idea how I raised two sons and neither broke anything. 38 & 39 and still no breaks. I’ve only broken my wrist and I was 50 something when that happened!

Oh, our weather. We recently had a snow day on a Friday and the following Monday! No snow on the weekend but missed those two days of school. They were remote days for our district. Parents and kids hate that but they will really complain if we have to go into the last week of June! It’s very white outside LOL. This past Friday and especially Saturday were literally freezing. I woke up Saturday to minus 16 degrees. I think it go up to a whopping six degrees during the day. It was miserable. Our son and his new wife had us over for dinner which was so nice. We got to see a,few “sneak peak” photos from their recent wedding.

Marie

Hi, Marie! I’ve been off again for a while, & decided to peek in this morning before I start our breakfast. I hope you are doing some better & having some decent weather. Ours has been “ back & forth”…. Some good snow, Really cold, then mild again. My bulbs in a front bed but the front porch are peeking through, hopefully waiting a bit to bloom, no doubt our winter isn’t Quite through. My sister in far north California, got about a foot of snow recently, she sent us photos of their little acreage in the country, & it was really beautiful. They are excited about the moisture, they really needed it.

I’m wondering how you are doing. You mentioned your shoulder. Ouch! My husband had a bone spur removed some years back, I remember it was no fun! Btw, that was our first introduction to an ice machine…. They sent one home that we returned, but it really helped. So we had no hesitation about getting one when I had my knee replaced. We just bought one, as the rental would have been about the same. Figured one of us, or someone we knew, would need it eventually. I wasn’t too fond of it, but, it definitely helped.

How is your back doing these days? I do think our backs take a beating over the years. Mine always feels better once I’m up & around, but that early morning time when I’m first up can be a challenge for sure.

Well, I should get our breakfast started, we have a Vet appointment for Miss Felicity later this morning. She hates riding in her carrier, but this will be our favorite Vet at this practice, she’s really wonderful.

Take care, & I hope your day is a lovely one. It’s a bit cold & windy here, but otherwise sunny & pretty nice out. If not too windy, we’ll try to take kitty outside, she loves to roam our backyard, & is ready for warmer weather, our garden, & green grass to munch on!

Oh, you asked about our grandson…. He is healing well, & the broken arm has not slowed him down a bit! We have to remind him not be jumping off things, but he’s still very active. His arm was healing so quickly at his last visit with the orthopedist that they removed the cast early & he is now in a brace! Let’s hear it for youth & strong bones & fast healing. :)

Hello @Catalien45 ! Thanks for thinking of me!
Weather? Lol I am tired of snow. We got 8” last Tuesday. Then we got a foot, at least, on Saturday. It’s very white outside. I read about California….so much snow! They aren’t used to that. I can’t even imagine. We are used to it up here. If I skied, I’d love it!

My back is so so. Same as always. It felt better last week because we were on winter break so no work, no lifting etc.

My shoulder sucks. Last Monday, I had another injection in my shoulder, in the back. I go on the 21 st to have one in my AC joint. They use an X-ray. I feel like I’m falling apart!

I’m eleven months post op with knee #2,…seems crazy!

Hope all is well with you!

Marie

Happy 1st anniversary to knee #2! Can’t believe it’s been a year already. I rarely think about any of my four replacements; they’re just a part of me. I can’t squat or kneel; if that’s all I can’t do, I’m good!

Marie

Sounds like you are doing really well.
Just interested, as I am 6 months behind you - what exactly stops you squatting and kneeling? Is it bend or is it pain?

Sounds like you are doing really well.
Just interested, as I am 6 months behind you - what exactly stops you squatting and kneeling? Is it bend or is it pain?
For me, I don’t have that much bend & it hurts if I try. Doesn’t impact my life at all.

Marie

Happy Anniversary to #2 knee! I'm sorry to hear about your back issues and shoulder, too!
I hope the treatments help.

Happy Anniversary to #2 knee! I'm sorry to hear about your back issues and shoulder, too!
I hope the treatments help.
My back is the same; good & bad. Shoulder not so much. Two shots in the back that worked but the one in the AC joint? Not so much. I’ll live!

Marie

Happy Anniversary to knee #2!! :flwrysmile:

I'm only half as bionic as you are but I'm very thankful for my new knees and no pain/arthritis in those joints anymore.

Marie, I just caught up on your thread. Good grief. The hits just keep coming!
Take heart about your shoulder. IF you should need it replaced, and I pray you don't, it was an easy surgery for me. Nothing like knees or hips.
Minimal pain.
Hang in there!!

A belated Happy One Year Anniversary, Marie!
Cheers to many more! :cheers:
@Inked Marie

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom