• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

March 28th Surgery - Now playing Racquetball!

craigt

Country
United States United States
I am a couple of days shy of 6 months after right hip replacement. Anterior replacement in Arlington Va late March 2018. Surgery @ 8 AM cleared for discharge at 1 PM! I was very lucky and have had a very quick recovery. Never used a walker at all and a cane for only 4 or 5 days.

Before surgery I had asked my doctor how soon I could return to playing racquetball and he said as soon as 6 weeks would be ok. At my 8 week followup I told him I had started playing again he looked at me with a look that seemed to say while I said you could, I did not actually think anyone would actually think to do that!

I am back to playing 3 to 4 hours of racquetball a week at a fairly intense level. In the last month+ I have transitioned to not thinking about the hip at all when playing. After playing and the next day I have some soreness, but at 54 years old I have a fair amount of soreness everywhere(back mostly)! Slowly getting some quickness and conditioning back on the court. While not back to pre-hip level of play I plan to get there in the next couple of months!

Probably the biggest issue I have is still some pain while just plain walking straight ahead at times. Does not seem to be a pattern to the pain. Comes and goes a bit and is really not so bad. My wife and I walk a lot so I do not let it slow me down. Hoping this last issue will resolve it self over time.

I think my quick recovery was really helped by being in pretty good shape before surgery.

Hope all others have a quick and fast recovery!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanneyLou
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom