Manipulation this week--a little scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this before - gonna mention it again. My son was a licensed personal trainer while in college (and heck no, I would NOT let him NEAR me after my surgery!!)...during his summer's in college he was a personal trainer. Most of his clients were women....MOST of those women were strippers. Poor college guy - had to help strippers get their buns in shape!!!....funny thing, he was NEVER late for work and never asked for a day off!!

It's a tough job for a kid--- but *someone's* gotta do it!

Doug, you might be a little tough for the dogs anyway.

Doug, I appreciate your warning. I was not talking about a PT (Personal Trainer like at a gym), but meant a PT (outpatient Physical Therapist). My doctor warned that even the physical therapists can get a little pushy with the exercises sometimes and you end up with the situation Beach described....where you spend a day or more recovering from the swelling following your session. I won't be doing that at all!!! Thanks for watching out for us!!!! I love it that you care....

Ditto Dough! I am sticking with my Physical Therapist with the PhD hanging on the wall. Thanks for the warning tho!

Good idea.
It's still fresh on my mind from this morning when I saw a Personal Trainer having a 50ish female, obviously very out of shape, running up and down a set of stairs. It made my knees scream. Plus I was concerned that I would have to do C.P.R. at any moment. Been there done that a number of times..Not fun.

Boy, I've seen that with trainers in the gym too, Doug. It's scary. I have a personal trainer, but haven't been able to use her in a year. She has ALWAYS been more careful than I am and a GREAT person to work with. When I was having problems after my first surgery, she called my doctors and therapists to talk to them first hand to see how her program would work with what they were doing and to make sure that she was doing the right exercises. Gotta love that! I'm hoping I can start back with her in the fall. We still talk regularly because she wants to know how things are going with my knee. Great gal!

I agree. Can't believe I was so lucky just to "get" her the first time I signed up at the gym. We've been together for 5 years now. Long enough for her to get married and have twin girls. She's sort of like a daughter now.

Steph, hope all goes well for you on Wednesday, let us know how you are doing after. (((((((HUGS))))))))))) Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads