Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Revision TKR Mamie's Pre-Op Thread

Sara61

Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
@Mamie :welome: to BoneSmart. I will ask one of the moderators to create a signature for you and help you make your own thread.:flwrysmile:

OP
OP
Mamie

Mamie

Country
United States United States
Thank you.
sorry but falling to sleep. Last two nights barely slept!
I was trying to be sure my information was added properly and find a place to add my story, questions and support those I can. I am scheduled again after being canceled last month due to Covid. The truth is, I am terrified from unanswered questions. My total knee was an awful experience and the surgeon says this one will be much worse and difficult on my heart. Hopefully revisions are here somewhere with hope, answers and advice. Thank you.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi @Mamie ,
I have moved your posts and started this pre-op thread for you. This is where you should post about yourself now. After you've had your surgery, you'll be able to have a thread in the Knee Surgery Recovery Area. We'll help you if you need help to do that.

Now, please try not to worry so much about this revision you need to have. I've had one and it really was no wore than the original surgery and it should fix your knee, so that, after recovery, you end up with a knee that is much less of a problem.
We'll be here to help you through this. :friends:

"Please will you tell us the date of your first knee replacement, so we an add that to your signature as well?
Thank you. :flwrysmile:

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
We can certainly help you with surgery questions, but if you have questions related to your heart or other medical conditions you should feel free to quiz your surgeon and your other doctors. They are there to help you and should be responsive to your concerns.

OP
OP
Mamie

Mamie

Country
Hello everyone! It seems many of us share the fear Emotion in common. I will say a prayer for you all. Mine is a revision and Im trying to locate my thread. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

OP
OP
Mamie

Mamie

Country
Thank you. I’m not sure where to go in here or where to find my thread.

my first replacement was October 2005. I’m only worried about my heart as I recently had three stents placed in my LAD and they said my surgery due to complications and 14 years of scar tissue will be three to four hours and they expressed concern about my heart being strong enough to handle both surgery and postoperative pain. But I think I have my life in order should there be a problem. I’m not getting a lot of information about what will be handy to have on hand. I saw someone speak of a leg raiser but have no clue what that is. Thank you for your support.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thank you. I’m not sure where to go in here or where to find my thread.
@Mamie - This is your thread, where you should continue to post. Please bookmark it, so you can find it again.
You will find it in the forum area called
Knee Surgery Pre-Op Area
It's called Mamie's Pre-op Thread.

This may help you:
How can I find my threads and posts?

i have moved your post, above, from the July Sparklers thread, which is essentially just for listing who is having knee surgery in July. It isn't a thread where you chat to each other.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LauraP2016
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom