Hip Arthroscopy Makatie

Makatie

Country
United States United States
I am having my surgery next Monday. Has anyone not used the compression hose and how did that work out for you?

Hello @Makatie - and :welome:

Please will you tell us which hip it is and why your surgeon is doing an arthroscopy, so we can make a signature for you? also, if you've had any other hip or knee surgeries, please give us that information too.
That way, we'll be able to see what you've had done, without having to keep going back to your first post.
Thank you.:flwrysmile:

Some surgeons and some hospitals require you to wear the compression stockings and some do not. Have you spoken to your surgeon about it?

There is some doubt whether these compression hose prevent blood clots or not.
I found them very uncomfortable and I stopped wearing them a few days after I got home.

Being up and walking about is a good way of preventing blood clots, and so are ankle pumps while you're still confined to bed.

No woke up from my hip and knee replacements, the compression hose wear on me. I think I used them for my hip when I got home but it was too difficult to put on. I was able to move around much more with the hip though once it was replaced.

My orthopaedic surgeon does not require compression hose for which I was eternally grateful. This is not why I chose him but it was a great side benefit. I did fine but I did do a lot of ankle pumps and got up and took regular strolls with my walker. Not long ones but enough to keep moving. Ankle pumps are easy so it was no problem or pain to do them.

@Makatie, what is the problem with your hip that your surgeon is hoping to fix with the arthroscopy?

I didn't have them, was originally supposed to but somehow they were forgotten and it didn't break my heart in the least. It was pretty funny at my 2 week follow-up with the surgeons nurse. She asked where my socks were and I said never got them and sure don't need them at this point! :heehee:

Hello @Makatie
My surgeon prescribes compression socks and I can’t lie, I hated them. He recommended them for so many hours per day, allowing for breaks and the more mobile you are, within reason that is, the less likely they’re necessary. Whatever your surgeon advises you’ll be able to handle.

Wishing you all the best on Monday and looking forward to following your recovery on the healing side. See you there soon! :wave:

Best wishes for your surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we get to see you on the recovery pages when you are up to posting.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom