Bilateral THR Made it!!

You are doing great at two weeks out...my right leg was my weaker/sorer one.
They may have had to be a bit "rougher" with the manipulation on that one, who knows?:shrug:
Don't think that this early out that should be a signal for you to work harder on it though...actually the opposite probably.
Baby it more, Ice it more...
Let the Walker give it extra support when your walks get longer.
Lots of time to work on things after some deep healing is further along.
Double hippy super hero!:chuckmarch:
Will be waiting for what I'm sure will be a great doctors report!:SUNsmile:

Finally had a decent nites sleep!! Started using my magnesium oil spray on my legs and I got up once around mid nitefor ice packs and I think it made a difference.
PT coming today- I am concerned about the discomfort I’m feeling in that left hip-low back area. Hoping she has some ideas ... getting around ok on the cane; don’t think I’m ready to walk prop free yet.. day 14 don’t rush the process!!

don’t think I’m ready to walk prop free yet.. day 14 don’t rush the process!!
No trying the super hero thing! At only days out of BTHR of course you are not ready to walk with an aid. Build your confidence and stamina - before long you will be on your way.

So happy - and jealous - that you were able to get some good restorative rest.
Magnesium oil on your legs?
Wish I had known about that.

My legs stayed very unsettled, jumpy..liked to keep moving so that did make sleep difficult.
Slow is the way to go...stay with those aids for now.

Great progress...all worth it in my opinion.
Hope your day is sweet @stellaluna

@Mojo333 yes i was having awful restless legs presurgery- prbly cuz I was compromising so much. It definitely helps!

Happy to read you had a decent night of sleep. :sleep:
Magnesium Oil...interesting! I've read of it more than once, need to research it.
Take it easy with PT today, don't push yourself and ice afterward.
A great day to you! :SUNsmile:
@stellaluna

Great PT session; I showed her my lil yoga flow I’ve been doing and she heartily approved it! She said it’s so early in the healing that I should not worry about the left hip- surgical pain and preop weakness. But to listen to my body. She also said I can do the exercises 2x a day not three cuz I’m doing well. Got new exercises today to focus on the glute medius- clamshells. Improved walking and stairs all in all s great session- now icing!

She said it’s so early in the healing that I should not worry about the left hip- surgical pain and preop weakness. But to listen to my body.

THIS I agree with.

Hey guys. Post op is tomorrow. Doing pretty good but gotta ask .. went out for my daily “walk “ with my cane. I am feeling ok , been doing about 8-10 minutes of mindful walking. I tried increasing it to 12 min; by the end my left hip(worst of the two) was sore and I also noticed my lower back was getting sore. I’m icing and elevating; is this the norm as far as recovery? I realize they probably beat up my lower body pretty well during surgery; is this all part of that”surgical pain” or is it weak muscles?? I do have a list (not too crazy) of questions for my surgeon tomorrow; will also bring this to my PTs attention.

I’ll add the pain in my hip is in the outer hip area- feels like a real sore muscle. Pain is not in groin.

Sorry one more question!! Anyone else experience slightly elevated temp at nite? It is wicked hot here in New England I will mention; keeping fluids up not sure if that factors in?

I would get warm uncomfortable like at night...don't know...feel like it could've had something to do with meds...or endless wriggling about trying to get comfy?:shrug:
I had small fan blowing on me constantly ...
Guess you have checked to see if you are running a low grade fever as I did for a day or two...early on.

So many different, but often short lived, sensations in the first month...hard to tell what to get anxious about.
Body is working overtime on healing...
Hope all eases soon!:ok:
Wishing you a good day tomorrow!:SUNsmile:

Sorry one more question!! Anyone else experience slightly elevated temp at nite? It is wicked hot here in New England I will mention; keeping fluids up not sure if that factors in?

Percoset did that to me this time around... Got super warm - sometimes felt like I had spent the night in a Finnish sauna!

Temp much better today but boy a lot of tossing and turning last nite- these legs are still restless! Post op appt today I’ll write later to update! Thnx gang!

Best of luck with your post op today.
Let us know how it goes. I think you're doing really well, especially being a bilateral.
A great day to you!
@stellaluna

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks