I read that Disney offers adults only cruises.
Now that is something to look into for the future.
Thank you all for your enthusiasm and encouragement.
Monday was very productive. I spent longer in my office chair than I have since surgery doing some paperwork things I've been ignoring. I also continued my task of cleaning and organizing things that have been neglected. Generally that is picking up a thing that got left somewhere and putting it in an actual place. I have so many little nests all over the house, plus a major dumping ground where things that come up stairs sit in a spot in my office until I put them away. There's quite a few things there, so now that walking isn't a draining agony I'm trying to put away one or two things every day.
I also hit the rec center for 10 minutes on my favorite seated elliptical. I have it set one notch lower than optimal for me in order to get the extra bend. Slow and sore to start, but certainly possible, and by the end of 10 minutes without trying or paying attention I was going a bit faster than I ever could pre-tkr. That felt pretty great.
Yesterday was about 15% too busy, but it was a very pleasant day. The weather was just lovely so it was great to be out. Mid morning I drove over to the rec center for my 10 minutes, which accidentally turned into 13 when someone I've known for a while came over to chat. I stopped as soon as I noticed.
Home again after that and back to elevating my feet. At lunch time, I went out and found my first IRL knitting group. It was a very pleasant experience. They were very welcoming and one of them told me my tension was very consistent, a nice compliment. The only issue was sitting up at a table for 2 hours and I think it would have been ok except I had my feet tucked a little under the chair, and that got old.
The overdoing part came next when I needed to duck to the store. My knees would have preferred going home, and suggested it, but the trip was really necessary.
Once I got home, I got out my ice and spent the rest of the day icing in the recliner. Then in the evening it was time for our regular Weight Watchers meeting and we went to that. I wanted to skip, but I really go to support Beloved, and he has missed having me there, so I made the decision to go. It was nice to see the friends I've made there.
Bed time wasn't great, but not terrible and I saw it coming, so it was all my choice.
Today will be quieter. I have a chiro appointment scheduled right after I drop Beloved at the metro. He's going back to working at his office, so back to our usual schedule. Then I have PT over lunch. Insurance approved my final 6 visits for the year. That will use up my therapy benefits entirely, but that's fine because it's October.
I should have a nice relaxing afternoon of elevating and resting.
The only downside right now is that at 6 weeks, it's time to start getting back to my usual official diet instead of my current relaxed eating. sigh.
But it's all for Disney, and that gives me strength.