THR Lucy's Recovery

You sound like you're coming right along and glad that your PT is helping. I agree that these exercises in the early weeks would not have been the way to go. Nice of your PT to give you a couple of exercise bands so you can keep up your therapy while you're gone.

Safe travels and drop us a line here and there to let us know how things are going and how you are. :praying:

16 weeks now, and I've been in London since Thursday. I splurged and flew business class from my home in Washington, DC, and it was worth every penny to be able to lie flat on an overnight flight. Wheelchair assistance made security and passport control a breeze. Best of all, I feel better than I have since summer 2018 despite a daily trek from my sister's flat in Chelsea to her care home in Wimbledon. I am walking 8,000 to 9,000 steps a day with no pain. I am speechless.

Thank you @FCBayern. I really appreciate your prayers. This is a difficult time, but also a time to gain understanding. Mainly I am learning that there is no way to know what will happen at crucial moments of our lives. And we don't need to know and plan all the time, just love those around us and trust in God.

Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Sounds like business class is the way to go. Comfort and the ability to stretch out is so wonderful.

Hello @HipLucy it's nice to hear from you.
Glad to read you're doing so well and made it safely to London. Flying business class does sound worth it given the long flight. I'll join FCBayern in holding you and your dear sister in prayer. I hope you're able to enjoy your time there with her and create many special memories to carry with you upon your return. Take care :friends:

My sister died Friday afternoon. My other sister and I were with her, and she just stopped breathing. Her favorite hymn, For All the Saints, was playing on her stepdaughter's phone. It was quiet and gentle, like something out of a movie.

Aww, I'm so very sorry to read this. Thankfully you made it there to spend time with your dear sister. I hope the sweet memories you hold in your heart bring you consolation as you grieve. Prayers for peace and comfort.
:prayer: :console2:
@HipLucy

@HipLucy so sorry for your loss, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So nice that you and your sister were there with her. :angel:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your sister Lucy. What a blessing that you with both with your sister as she passed. Sending thoughts of peace and comfort.

I am joining in with others in offering you my sympathy for the loss of your sister. So glad to read that you and your other sister were there with her.
It takes a while but eventually you will be lifted up by your wonderful memories.
take care of yourself.. ((hugs))

So sorry for your loss @HipLucy
Glad all was peaceful and you were at the point in your recovery that you could spend these days with her...
Walking without hip pain is glorious...

@VSlowLife @leejaa @Layla @FCBayern @Elf1 @Fit4Family @CricketHip @Mojo333
What a beautiful outpouring of kindness and support. Thank you. Planning the funeral has been very comforting. Sarah's church, St. Simon Zelotes, in Chelsea, is a little gem. We're having five members of the choir and lots of beautiful music. I know at least 50 people are coming, and most British people love to sing, as do I. I just hope I can sing For All the Saints without falling apart.

It sounds so beautiful! You will have many voices singing for your sister. It will sound heavenly. Crying is okay. It’s part of being human and experiencing that precious time.

I am fond of a real hanky. I am already tearful for you.

I know what you mean about a real handkerchief, @VSlowLife. I was searching for the one a friend gave me before my older son's wedding but couldn't find it. Maybe if I have time I'll head down to the King's Road and look for one.

Hello @HipLucy
It sounds like you've planned a very nice service honoring your sister. I hope there is a nice turnout and it brings you much comfort.

Wanted to check in with you on your Four Month Anniversary. I wish it was a happier time for you. Wishing you peace and sending a hug. :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom