Lounge Doctor

TKR LTKR on Monday

Mar

Country
United States United States
I’m having a LTKR on Monday. Reality is setting in. :scaredycat:8 years ago I had my right knee replaced. It’s pretty good but was a bit of a problem recovery that ended with a manipulation. But by about 6 months in everything settled down and I gained great extension. My bend was 110, it might be more now I can’t remember anymore lol. I can do what I need to do so I’m happy with it. So I’m praying for a much better recovery this time. Changed doctors. My neighbor used this Doctor and she did so well. I know that doesn’t mean my recovery will be the same but a lot of what he does makes so much more sense to me. I won’t be using the motion machine. He wants you to get up and walk every 2 hours while awake, ice, elevate and rest. She was at 120 in 3 weeks with good extension Asking for prayer that there are no complications and my recovery goes smoothly. Thanks

Pumpkin

Country
United States United States
@Mar
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
Glad you found a surgeon that better meets your needs.

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:

Stories of amazing knee recoveries

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
hikertina
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom