THR LTHR Aug 16th & Nov 18th

Thanks for the input Eman I am supposed to be having the right hip done in a few months. I think my pain level pre surgery has made the pain from this surgery pail in comparison. Prior to surgery every step I took was like a knife being driven into my hip. I am just listening to my body at this point and going with the flow. I am certainly am not opposed to pain meds if I need them. Hope you continue to feel better.

It sounds like you’re doing well. I wish you all the best with your appointment on Friday,
A belated Happy One Week Anniversary!

Let us know when you get your right hip scheduled and we’ll edit your signature to reflect that information.
Have a wonderful day! :)
@58hippain

Yeah, I had that knife in the hip joint pain, started when I was about 12. It was just a part of my life along with the incredible aching when trying to sleep. All of that's gone and I have more ROM, my hips had reached a point of locking and the releasing with a loud pop.

Question has anyone else experienced this. Most of my swelling is gone in my hip thigh and knee area. However I still have fairly solid feeling bump directly under the skin at the incision site. I go back to doctor tomorrow but I was just wondering if its common.

Thanks

I still have fairly solid feeling bump directly under the skin at the incision site.
According to your signature you are only 10 days out from major surgery. Lots of internal and external swelling. Ice that area. This will ease but it needs time. Very early days for you in a process that can take one year or longer.

ok great thank you I was just concerned because that is only area swollen today . I know I am not that far out figured that was the case.

Three weeks out today. Sleeping better can sleep on both sides cant sleep on back or stomach. Still using walker or cain to get around. Was able to use walker to get on pontoon boat and enjoy the holiday weekend weather was great. Still no baths, pool, or lake per my doctor. Hope everyone is feeling good and those in these parts enjoyed the long holiday weekend.

Happy Three Week Anniversary!
Thanks for updating. It seems you’re doing well, you’re content with your progress and out enjoying the beautiful weather on a long holiday weekend!
Life is good! Have a great week. :)
@58hippain

Happy Three Week Anniversary! It sounds like you are progressing right along.. glad you were able to enjoy the holiday weekend. :yay:

4 Weeks out today time flies. Walking pretty good only using cane occasionally mainly if I have been sitting for a long time. Been going to gym three days a week only doing some upper body workouts. Doctor called today to see how I was doing and said we would discuss surgery on right hip at my appointment on Friday. Being pain free is incredible after living with hip pain for so long. Already kicking myself for waiting this long to have hip fixed.

What a great update, thanks for sharing, and what an awesome surgeon that calls his patient. Hmm, certainly not my experience.

Already kicking myself for waiting this long to have hip fixed.

No regrets, you’re addressing it and you’re doing well, just enjoy!
Happy Tuesday!

6 week mark will be this coming Monday. Surgery date for right hip has been set for November 18. Going in to this doctor said he was shooting for 3 months between surgeries. Will be 3 months and 2 days. Left hip still takes a while to get going especially in the morning. Guess Ill be hobbling around for the holidays this year. Definitely better going into surgery knowing exactly what to expect.

:wave:@58hippain
The tightness that came with my hip recovery was very prominent in the mornings and even after being active and then sitting for a bit.
I called it my "startup stutter steps" and things would get looser throughout the day.
You most certainly will not be 100% for the fall and winter holidays, but all will be worth it in the end!
Good hips rock!:banana-santa:

:wave:@58hippain
Just wondering how Hip #1 is behaving?
Hope things are getting better and better.:tada:

Thanks for checking in. Still dealing with those start up stutter steps not sure if their is something I can do to help this or its just a time thing. If I walk a longer distance have slight back pain I believe coming from my height difference. I have definitely felt more pain when exercising now in my right hip. Probably was their all the time just never noticed it because left hip hurt so bad. Overall still very happy with he THR and my decision to have it done. Trying not to think about hip 2 surgery yet.

Stutter steps lasted a while with my left, then just went away. Light yoga stretches helped with the tightness just don't push any stretch that places strain on the hip joint.

Those stutter steps and stiffness hangs around for quite a while. I always felt old when getting up and starting to walk.. then one day "poof!" it went away without saying goodbye!
I hope this is how yours goes, also.

No more stutter steps yea!!! Like several of you mentioned one day they just went away. Took 8 weeks though not sure if that is average. At certain points in day now I don't even remember I had the surgery. Got into my Mustang for the first time today. Wife asked me if it was hard to get in there. All I could say is it must not of been because I didn't even remember getting in. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Can not wait to have the right fixed. Five weeks and counting down.

Happy Two Month Anniversary Lefty, a day early, as I’m here catching up.
Good to hear the stutter steps are history. I wish you comfort as you await your RTHR, not too long to wait now. Hang in there, relief is on it’s way!
Twenty twenty two, should be a good year for you!
@58hippain

OS called me to to ask reschedule my surgery. RTHR has been rescheduled to one week from today November 16. So it will be 3 months exactly from LTHR. Dreading having to go back to square one of recovery but am looking forward to being pain free.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom