BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

lower back pain during rehab

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by amyk, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amyk

amyk new member

I had my knees replaced four weeks ago and have had some trouble with lower back pain. Is this a common by product of bilateral replacement rehab? I otherwise can't complain - I am wallking almost normally (hurts a little still) and can see the operation was probably a success.
    A different question: Why is the area above the knee so very painful? Everyone I talk to has said the same thing, that that area is way sore for a long time after surgery.

2. Josephine

Josephine FORUM ADMIN, NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you are talking of the mid-thigh area, that would be because of the tourniquet they apply to reduce blood loss during surgery. This would be the position of it ..

awww.premiermed.ca_Images_Products_Diagnostics_Delphi_Delphi_20Thigh_20Tourniquet.gif

Is this where your discomfort is? If so, try massaging it every day with some hand cream. The discomfort will dissipate eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.