Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Yes with the dry mouth, all day but specially in the morning, I force myself to eat something because of all the meds I'm taking, but I think I could go all day without food, I'm making sure I'm drinking enough liquids too!

I had a dry and sore mouth from all the meds, both pain meds and antibiotics. I used Biotene and drank a lot of water. Everything I ate actually hurt my mouth, especially the potatoe chips. :heehee:

I don't have a dry mouth problem-maybe you're right and it's the meds. I never can eat in the morning, even though I know it's better for us if we do-my stomach, etc, just can't think of food until at least 11 am, or later.
I don't like store tomatoes, but Sam's Club sells a pack of grape tomatoes that aren't too bad when I don't have any ripe in my garden.

It's not a problem to eat well-balanced healthy meals most days, and occasionally eat something that is considered unhealthy. I've never had Popeye's, so can't speak for the health, or lack thereof, of their food. But I have bought KFC once or twice in the last few years. I don't eat their sides as they aren't tasty, but their chicken is usually good. I just remove the skin as I never like the skin on any chicken, and then it's not that unhealthy anyway. My problem has been lack of activity the last few years. I've gained weight, even watching my diet. When I'm really active, I have to stay under, or at, 1400 calories, or I begin to gain. If I'm not active, I really burn very few calories, but I can't live on less than 1000 calories when I'm feeling well, to maintain my weight, I am too starved! I've tried it and just can't do it. That's why I'm so frustrated with this knee the last couple of years-I thought I'd be back on my bike, in the pool again, etc, and still can't do it.

I don't drink protein drinks-I just don't like them. I don't really need them anyway-but some people love them. My family all love them...lol. Of course, they also love pizza and fish, both of which I also dislike with a passion. :heehee:

@KarriB I bought some of those pop chips the other day to go with a sandwich-they're okay, and not as bad for us as potato chips....lol. But IMHO, after what we've gone through, if we want to eat a potato chip, we have earned the right!

Oh yes, I good ole veggies lover's pizza! The best of both worlds.

I like my homemade veggie and ham pizza with cashews-but I use a white sauce. I don't like red sauce pizzas at all.

Another step to taking my life back. I no longer have to wait around for someone to take me places-I am now driving myself. It's so nice to just get in my car and drive to the store, bank, etc. You realize how confined you've been when you no longer are! Granted, due to lack of energy and stamina still, my trips aren't long and involved yet, but I can run errands when I need to! :yay::happydance:

That is so great Kim! How awesome you are able to drive again!

Somehow I wasn't online when your posts came though regarding your vegetables. WOW!!! They are SOOO beautiful~!! It's safe to say we have a 'Master Gardener' in our midst, whether you've had the course or not-!!

Congratulations on no longer being confined to someone driving you-!!

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 1.02.24 PM.png

Glad to hear you are back :driver:. Veggie pizza with white sauce is one of my favorites!

Thank-you @Suz ! I love to garden, but am far from a master gardener. I'd say my husband is as he grafts all our fruit trees so they all have multiple fruits. Plus, because we got attacked by nematodes, he also has to now graft our tomatoes onto a root stock that doesn't get affected by the nasty critters. He really does know almost everything about gardening, and could pass the test to become a master gardener, but doesn't see the point for him. I do know a lot about gardening, and usually do more of the planting and harvesting than I did this year, but a master gardener I am not...lol.
Thanks, @Pumpkln Don't forget the cashews!

That is wonderful news! It is hard to rely on everyone else during recovery. Driving is a really "feel good" step!

RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

lovetocookandsew...isn't being able to drive wonderful? It makes all the difference. Even if you don't have the stamina for long trips, it is a whole new level of freedom. Being dependent on others for rides is so confining.
A big step.

Wow! I wish I could come to your house for dinner. It sounds delicious. I love roasted vegetables. Last night at 3 AM I had a small bowl of ice cream. How's that for being bad. Congratulations on driving!

Yum, yum, ice cream is good at any time! Besides, it has protein, so it's a food and will help your tummy get ready for your pain pills!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom