Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Hooray! You're going home and hopefully that will make a world of difference in your recovery. There's no place like home.....

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you. You already sound so much better. Looking forward to your updates. Remember the mantras which you can now practice!!

RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Okey-dokey, Josephine. I actually knew that before they replaced my knee and stole my brain at the same time...lol. Thanks.

Glad you are doing better and you will feel much better at home!
I was in rehab for 8 days and they were very nice and attentive, food was ok but as someone else said, you don't have much of an appetite after the surgery. My OS ordered my own ice packs with the ice you slip into the pockets, 2 for each pack and I had 4 extra ones. The nurses kept them in their freezer and changed them out as I needed them. I only had an issue with one night nurse about withholding my meds.
Since I didn't have a good leg to stand on, as soon as I was able to get out of bed by myself and go to bathroom then I knew it was time for me to go home. Once I got home I was more at ease and could do a lot more than I thought I could for myself.
Everyday gets a little better so hang in there, it will get better.
Lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way!!

I am so glad that you are going home. You will be more comfortable. You are so right about the pain pills also. Remember to go slow, :chillpill:,:ice:,:alarm:.:elevate: elevate. While you :type:,:reading::sneaker: Take care, Tashia

2014knees-you are right about not much appetite. But I have to eat a full meal before pills, otherwise I will pay dearly for no pain relief. And the first order of business tonight was to take my meds. Wow! I was told I could take an extra half pill...I did and my pain is down to a level I can easily live with for the first time since the nerve block wore off. But I can barely keep my eyes open, so I will make the adjustments the doc allowed me until I find the perfect combo. Thanks, Tashia!
Night (for now) everyone!

Hey chestnc, I tried your suggestion about how to get out of bed and it worked beautifully! Thanks so much for the suggestion...I need all the advice I can get. I'm glad you are doing well, VancouverUSA. Keep up the good work!

I did it! I have a totally overwhelming phobia of needles, yet I gave MYSELF my first at home shot of Lovenox. I have a hard time letting them stick a needle in me, let alone do it to myself, but I DID IT! :wowspring::dancy::spin::yay::happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom