Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

Did you have the "scrape your brain" variety?

The young lady who did mine tried to be gentle and careful, but I'm not good with all these kinds of things so it was no fun. I had the throat and double nostril test..ugh. The first time she tried to do the throat swab I gagged so much she had to repeat that one; then on the nostril part I kept jumping-I couldn't help myself-so she had to do it multiple times. It wasn't her fault, she was gentle, I just hated the swab being way up my nose.

Thanks for the support everyone. 3 more days now.

Attachments

• ugh.jpg
    ugh.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 223
Sending you many positive thoughts and Prayers! I’m sorry for the horrible covid test. I’m still researching to find one using saliva— . I used to hate throat cultures growing up-i think i would take that over this for sure.
I can relate so much to being so sick of not being able to do anything- and sitting around because you can’t do anything else. For me it’s caused a lot of depression- I’m excited for you to be able to heal after surgery and then tell us you scheduled a cruise!!

One more day.................:yikes::scaredycat:I now have multiple boxing kangaroos in my stomach. I really, really hate this feeling you get in your stomach when you're nervous and/or scared! My husband asked me if I really wanted to do this. My reply was, "No, I don't want to do this, but I am doing it". Intellectually I know I need to do it, but emotionally I'm getting to be a bit of a wreck about it. But, these feelings are all normal; I will get past this and hopefully reach my goal of fully living a pain free life. This leg/knee has stolen so many years from me and I am doing what I must once again to try to take it back.

Kangaroo Gif (6).gif

I really, really hate this feeling you get in your stomach when you're nervous and/or scared!
I so agree! It's easy to get yourself into a dark place. But you can do this! And we are with you all the way! Not long before it's all behind you!

You got this!! I so much understand the kangaroo analogy- but you said it perfectly- your knee has taken to much from you- tomorrow is the first day of getting your life back. Thinking of you.

Kim,
You’re all the closer to putting this behind you. Focus on the prize in your near future and how wonderful you’ll be feeling in less than 24 hours knowing the worst is behind you.
May your heart be light.

Prayers for your peace of mind and comfort and also for the anesthesiologist, nurses, surgeon‘s and all staff you’ll be dealing with. :prayer:
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

You‘re going to do great! :friends:
@lovetocookandsew

You've got this. Deep breaths and know the community here is waiting to see how well your doing.

Thanks, everyone. I need to be at the hospital at 12:50 tomorrow and my surgery is at 2:50 (ish) Originally this morning they gave me an early time, but for some reason my surgeon had them change me to a later time right after he saw the time they had me scheduled. No biggie, except being the first one in the early am is easier on my nerves, which are going crazy tonight. There is a full-on gang fight between kangaroos going on in my stomach right now! I honestly don't remember if I was this nervous in the past, although I know I'm always nervous before a surgery, but I do know tonight I'm totally stressed. I'm going to have high blood pressure tomorrow for sure.......

I took my shower, used the sticky wipes, which I don't like, and put clean sheets on the bed. My bag is packed and I'm ready here at home to recover when I get back in a few days or so. Now I'm going to binge watch something on TV as I know I won't be doing too much sleeping, if any.

Good Luck today Kim, sending you positive vibes for a successful outcome xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member