Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

I just need to whine a bit today. Two weeks until the surgery, and the pain has been horrible lately. This morning I got up and went to the restroom, and didn't grab my cane or crutches. My leg still hurt, but it wasn't terrible. My immediate thought was things had started to settle back down and maybe I'd be able to get some stuff done today. But as soon as I stood back up from the toilet, the bone and post clashed, sending a sharp jolt of pain through my leg, which has continued all day with any weight on it or with any movement while up and about with my crutches.

One quickly forgets how debilitating, exhausting and frustrating it is to try function every day when in a lot of pain, especially when it's in a foot or leg that you need to walk with. It would be terrible even if it were an arm, etc, but it is so much more difficult to handle in a lower extremity.......... well, IMHO anyway.

I really hate crutches, but luckily so far haven't fallen with them as I have in the past. I'm soooooo sick of sitting around all day, and can't wait to be able to just do my normal stuff, plus shop, travel and so on. I can't even schedule our first post-retirement cruise yet-I have to wait and see when I'll be able to walk that much before even considering a date.

Okay, whine over for today!

hang in there.jpg
Hang in there, Kim. It won't be long now.
We'll be looking out for you.

I’m so sorry you’ve been through so much. It makes me thankful that my poor outcome isn’t any worse than it is. I hope this surgery fixes things for you. :console2:

You got this!

Hang out here with us.
Bonesmart has a wealth of advice, information and support.
We will offer helpful suggestions, :idea:

Cheer your accomplishments :happydance:

And send hugs when you are feeling down. :console2:

Best wishes!

Glad the Covid test is behind you, Whew!
Sorry you have to go through another surgery, :tantrum:
Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery on the 19th!

I'm sorry you have to face another surgery, Kim, but really want you to get this fixed up and behind you.
Healing hugs in advance...:friends:

Sorry you had the Covid test, also had mine on Saturday. Reminded me of the old Spitting Image song of the 80's "Hold a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose ..." :) :-) (: Good luck for your surgery.

So sorry you have to go through another procedure, Kim. It will be a relief to have the surgery behind you and be on the road to recovery. Not long now. We’ll be your loudest cheerleaders and I’m sure you’re going to do well. Roll on Thursday, you can do this! :)
@lovetocookandsew

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks