Bilateral TKR Lounge Doctor?

pamsknees

senior
Country
United States United States
I ordered a cheaper version & then saw on someone’s post op thread that it was not recommended as it had the wrong angle.i returned the cheaper one & I have the lounge dr in my amazon cart & have wavered back & forth on buying it. Is it worth the $100? I think I’d only use it in my recliner as I have an adjustable bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have one for my TKR and struggled with pillows for elevation constantly. For my revision I bought a Lounge Doctor (LD) and fell in love with it. I still use it from time to time when I've been on my feet a lot and my leg is killing me. To me, the LD is worth every penny I paid. I know you said you have an adjustable bed, but can you elevate it to give your knee the gentle bend the LD will give you? Or will your knee be elevated but straight?

My adjustable bed gives the knee a gentle bend.

I did get a Lounge Doctor, but I knew I was having 2 surgeries in serial, so I would definitely get my money's worth. I did, but if my bed had the ability to give me the gentle bend and elevation at the right angles, I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't use it in my recliner, instead I just had pillows adding a little bend and softness. It would have been too much at a seated angle I think.

I couldn't use it for probably the first... week definitely, maybe a little longer. I couldn't handle that much bend or elevation. Then I used it constantly for about a month probably. I spent the first 2 weeks mostly in and out of my bed, but after that I would go downstairs once a day for a while and sit up in my recliner, before back to bed for the rest of the day. So I used it during all that bed time. It was a good investment for me.

Thanks for the answers! My bed does have a gentle bend so no need for it there- it was just for the recliner. I think I will skip it for now.

I forgot to say that I used pillows at first. When I was recovering from both a PKR and shoulder surgery (7 weeks apart), I was balancing pillows and elevation for both(!!!) and knocked all of them off the bed one day. Truly and loudly lost my patience and any shred of humor remaining at that point (my shoulder surgery hurt a lot more than the knees). Beloved husband instantly ordered the adjustable frame for our existing sleep number bed. Love it. Gives a nice gentle bend.

@luvcats Can you please tell me exactly which Lounge Doctor to get?I had LTKR ..And just want to make sure I order correct one...Thank you

Just click on the link provided and if you purchase one through this link, BoneSmart will receive a donation. If you buy it through this link, Bonesmart will automatically get a donation.

I could not have recovered without my Lounge Doctor. I used it in bed, on my recliner, while sitting outside.....took it with me a week post op, along with my ice machine, to go to a friends campground.

Which one is correct one ?

Attachments

• 84F275A4-E66B-4496-8E0E-3943297DEE04.png
    84F275A4-E66B-4496-8E0E-3943297DEE04.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 315
They both look he same to me. Is there a size difference? If not, I guess the choice is yours.

I believe one is 18 inches and one is 24 inches. I bought the narrower one so I could use it in places that were narrower like my sofa, etc. But I could comfortably put both legs on it at the same time.

I believe the more expensive one may have a different cover - one with a thin memory foam layer. Check the descriptions on both and you'll see the difference.

Thank you everybody!!!

Some members have found the inflatable Lounge Dr works well.

When I was looking to buy my LD, I also looked at the inflatable one. After reading many reviews about how it develops slow leaks quickly, thus won't hold air, I decided the chance wasn't worth taking. The last thing I needed when trying to recover from surgery, and elevate my leg, was a faulty product.

If you're willing to take that chance, chances are it may be a good product for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back