Lounge Doctor Question

AmeliaP

Country
United States United States
I’m considering purchasing a Lounge Doctor. They have a new one which has cooling gel. Has anyone used this model? Does anyone know if it is really better than the older non-gel model? It does appear to have a zip around cover, which is apparently a clear improvement over the older model. I’ve read a lot of complaints about the old model’s cheap cover.

Also, would you recommend a regular width or wide width model? Any and all feedback is welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve also posted this in the pre-op area but thought this group might have better insight.

I’m considering purchasing a Lounge Doctor. They have a new one which has cooling gel. Has anyone used this model? Does anyone know if it is really better than the older non-gel model? It does appear to have a zip around cover, which is apparently a clear improvement over the older model. I’ve read a lot of complaints about the old model’s cheap cover.

Also, would you recommend a regular width or wide width model? Any and all feedback is welcomed!

@AmeliaP,
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!
I have merged you two threads to the Pre op area. Post op members frequently check the Pre op forum and will be able to help answer your questions.

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:

Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Last edited:
Pumpkin,

Thanks for merging my posts. I did post in the knee section, didn’t I? A lot of your post recommendations seem to be about hip replacements.

@AmeliaP
I was able to edit the post and give you the knee pre op information, sorry about the mix up.

Hi. I guess I have the old gel model Lounge Doctor. It was great.
I have the wide one which allowed me to put both legs on it together. I believe that's more comfortable.
The cover is fine and washes well (not zipped).
The gel was comfortable. My surgery was in our summer/early autumn. It was hot but the gel was not hot or uncomfortable.
I used mine pre surgery as well with my poor swollen knee.
After surgery I used it with my ice therapy and overnight during the first week post op.
I was lucky and had not much swelling after that so didnt need it again.
I would recommend getting a wide one and wouldn't worry too much about the cover (it was eady to put on and off).
Although I didn't use it for long, I used it when it counted *getting rid of swelling=less pain and better functioning and sleep). Best wishes Rosie

Thanks so much! I appreciate the advice. I ordered one today.

Great. You probably won't need it for long but its invaluable for that first week or two. Good luck (you won't need luck) xx

@AmeliaP,
I ordered the new gel model Lounge Doctor in extra wide. I also read the reviews and had concerns about the cover. However, the new model looks to have improvements.

~Cynthia

My new Lounge Doctor arrived yesterday. I got the new one with cooling gel foam but passed on the extra wide version. I can see why those extra inches would be helpful but I was worried that it would be too bulky and not fit on my couch. I tried it out yesterday, napping on my couch with both legs on the LD. Lovely!!! So much better than fighting to keep multiple pillows in place. Thanks for the help. It was an expensive purchase but you were right—totally worth it!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom