THR lotusbuds' recovery thread

@Carriemay60 how are you doing today? I barely used the cane yesterday as my groin hurt I think as it takes more of my body weight but am back on it today. Going to the hairdresser again this morning and hope its a better experience than 3 weeks ago. I have put away the noisy clickity clack folding cane and am using an old fashioned one I had but rarely used as it is quiet and really sturdy. Hoping I can use it all day but if it starts to hurt I will alternate between the rollator and cane. What a journey we are all on. I am learning not to compare myself to others who have healed so much faster and just try to accept where I am at...I'm getting there.

Congratulations on your recent cane use.❤️ It took me a good week last Fall to transition to full use of cane. My elbow and shoulder blade would ache. I just slowly transitioned. The last place I let go of walker was nightly bathroom runs.

Just back and it went really well. My husband drove me (its for a colour) and she had a 4" cushion for me to sit on. I walked around a few times for the 35 minutes processing time and she had 2 ice packs which I used. Then I stood for her to wash out my hair instead of sitting and leaning back. We had planned how to do this months ago. Then I go home with hair wet as its curly and no need to dry it. Its all went smoothly and now I am just up from another icing and elevating session. Used the cane and am home now for the day with no pain.
I don't go back now for 3-4 weeks and am staying home for a few days.

I'll bet you're feeling pretty snazzy with that new hair color :wink:
Hope so anyway. Glad it went well for you!
Have a great evening :wave:
@lotusbuds

@Layla...its just my normal hair colour but it feels wonderful as I am grey/white in so many spots.
@Fit4Family I find the cane is liberating but I do get groin pain by the end of the day. I think its because I'm bearing more weight...not sure. So I do sometimes use the rollator walker at night for a bit.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Isn’t it great to get some pampering done @lotusbuds... bet it’s made a huge difference to how you feel.
I had my nails done yesterday for the first time since my op.. took a cushion with me.. it was fab !!

Can’t believe you are using one cane.. how good is that.. I’m still using two crutches.. & surfing the worktops on occasions.

Hope you have a restful, pain free weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful feeling to have freshly colored hair. I’m plotting how to get mine done as it’s been 2 months and it makes me feel blue or is that gray. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :flwrysmile:

Happy Saturday!
I hope you have a great weekend!
@lotusbuds

@Hoppy Nanny I love pampering. I need my nails done but won't do it until I can drive myself. Hair is an issue as the roots start showing after 3 weeks..terrible. great you went for yours so soon after your surgery. Was it uncomfortable getting pedicure?
@Layla Thank you same to you. I have to say what Josephine said was so right on. Yesterday I had a setback as had pain in my groin which is where I have it when I over do it. I decided to just chill and used the rollator all day and didn't do much at all. Today its a lot better.
@Fit4Family I go so often and get a discount. My hairdresser even sold me the product for really cheap to do it myself but I felt well enough to go. She had cushions to sit on and I stood at the sink for the rinsing.

@lotusbuds
My nail bar is only 5 mins in car (hubby drove) & I took my trusty cushion with me... just had manicure only...

I gave up on dyeing my hair 3 years ago when I got hand/feet psoriasis... so I’m now grey... they tell me it’s fashionable now!!

@Hoppy Nanny My nail salon is close too. I've been doing my hands myself for now and will wait till the end of the month for pedicure. Yes grey is in and it looks great on so many. I started going grey in my twenties as its hereditary but like the colour. I'm overweight though I lost a lot before surgery so always said if I lose all my planned weight I may let it all go. It would save money and feel good but I'm liking it for now.
Great you did it.

I’m overweight too[emoji51][emoji51]
We’ve decided (hubby & I) that our new healthy eating starts this Monday... want to drop 1.5 stone Asap!! Here’s hoping!!
ps I was a Slimming World Consultant for years so I should know how to do it!![emoji23][emoji23]

Miracle of miracles...I just walked 6 steps on my own with no cane or walker. I didn't mean to but was making coffee and it just happened. I am now sitting down and plan to continue to use my cane but this was a miracle and felt fine..no limp.
Lets see how this unfolds...

Exciting but yes, just watch. You might want to err on the side of caution and ice now. Pretty cool that you just did it without thinking!

Wow... amazing!! However, the bone growth is still happening so do be careful... how lovely to think you can walk free again soon!!

:hi:
Awesome news! You'll soon be on your own :happydance:
I hope you have a wonderful week!
@lotusbuds

I iced and had a nap and then iced and elevated after my little miracle! Using the cane and going really slow today.
Won't try it on my own but its cool it just happened.
I go to the OS tomorrow for my 6 week follow up! lots of questions especially re the swelling in upper thigh.

Good luck at the OS today.... hope all goes well x

Good Morning @lotusbuds
Good Luck with your 6 week check up with the OS today.
Let us know how it goes.
Happy Monday to you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back