Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Lorazepam/Ativan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxineMarieM

Anyone ever take this for anxiety? I just started and my side effects is like I had a drink, sorta stagger around. Anyone else hasd that effect? ohhhhhhhh and by the way hospital called my bilaterals are scheduled for July 6th at 11am. I sure was hoping for an earlier time but no I have more waiting to do:hissy:

Lindawalms

graduate
Country
United States United States
I have anxiety and take ativan. Those side effects are considered normal for this drug. You may either get used to them as your body tolerates the drug more, or try cutting the pill (I know it's already really small) in half.

Good luck, I'm a July'er too but a hippie ;)

Linda.

Simon

graduate
Country
I took Lorazepam for a week as I was not sleeping well after 6 weeks and it worked great and I had no side effects but then I took it at night.

SImon

3dogmom

I have had a prescription for this for years and for me it's great. I don't feel anything except "not anxious". Give it a bit of time and do try splitting them.

brs0660

supremo
Country
:thmb:MMM....your side effects are pretty normal for this drug. It gets a little better. But the best effect is the decrease in anxiety.

Wow...can hardly believe your surgery is just four days away! Good luck. Focus on the future...

Nanners

post-grad
I use Xanax for anxiety myself and it works well for me. Ativan makes me a little too loopy, but have heard good things about it.

I too wish you good luck with your surgery. I will be having surgery the same day but unfortunately mine isn't for my knee yet:( Soon hopefully!

skigirl

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I am sensitive to drugs and cannot take drugs like Ativan---loopy is not the word for it---on another planet is more like it. I prefer to treat my anxiety with meditation and calming thoughts.

If the drugs are too much for you, try calming yourself with internal thoughts--everything will be alright. It works for me, also I trust my doc and that helps too. Kelly

JudyS

alpha
Country
I have taken lorazepam on occasion and it just makes me not anxious, no other side effects that i am aware of.
judy

brs0660

supremo
Country
Praying for you and all the hands that will be caring for you tomorrow. You are stepping out to a better life. Think about all the things you will be able to do!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Viv
Recent bookmarks