Lounge Doctor

Revision THR Loose cup.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I was worried about doing the stretches demonstrated in the article but I got knotted up in the rear-end a few weeks ago, and did them gingerly...and Eureka! It worked:yes!:

Bumblebee

senior
Country
All I can say is "I try" but this "stretch" is painful for me in the groin (ankle in front of knee). It's tough when you have both psoas and piriformis issues. Everything is so tight.

anny

graduate
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I was worried about doing the stretches demonstrated in the article
glad you said that @Mojo333 .....I looked at the BS exercises and also googled for piriformis exercises after THR and just about all of them involve pulling the affected leg (my op leg) across the body. After 3 months on strict restrictions (crossing the midline was a big NO NO)plus the muscles having lost that ROM thro not doing it, I'm finding it almost impossible, both physically and in my cautious mind. After 5 months post op, I presume the dislocation risk is very low, and it's just a question of not forcing anything?

i was so complicit with precautions, they're now hardwired!! :heehee:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I know...doesn't seem right somehow...but I'm telling you...slow and easy and it did work...don't force anything...

OP
OP
S

Spadude69

Country
I had a THR 3 years ago. I always had pain. I keep telling the dr something was wrong. He took a X-ray and said everything was fine. I lost my company insurance and since I am a disabled veteran I have medical through them. I finally saw a different surgeon explained to him I am still on pain meds after 3 years. He took X-Rays and told me that the cup is loose. That's why my pain never went away. He is sending me for ct scan and is going to have to open me back up to fix it. I should have done this years ago.

Pumpkin

Country
@Spadude69
Welcome back to BoneSmart, sorry you are having continued pain the last three years.
Glad you were able to see a different surgeon and get an unbiased opinion. Let us know about the CT Scan. Hope you can have your revision soon!

You will notice I have merged your previous thread with your new thread as your current problem is ongoing for the last three years.

All the best,
Chris

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spadude69

Country
Well I had a ct scan and the cup isn't loose. The new doctor said it can be either infected or soft tissue damage. I have to run more tests. I asked him that since the pain has never went away shouldn't the doctor who performed the surgery 3 year ago figured it out one way or another. He told me first of all he should have done a internal approach instead of the postural approach. He also said some doctors are better than others. So now I need to get a needle jabbed to take out fluids to see if its infected.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:fingersx: that you get conclusive tests that can lead to a plan to get that hip back on track.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
coachpaul74
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom