THR Looking Forward to Surgery

gopher

Country
United States United States
I have been lurking on this site for awhile now, wonderful information, it is so enlightening. I have AO in both hips, right one for about 14 months, left one for about two months. Surgery for RTHR is scheduled for Jan. 19 and LTHR for March 2, 2021.
Certainly looking forward to both dates so I can get to the other side! This site is wonderful. Thank you all for all of the information.

@gopher
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:
Sounds like you are well prepared for your upcoming THR's, only a few more months until your surgeries.

New BoneSmart members like you are in various stages of their journey to joint replacement. Making the decision whether or not to have surgery and preparing for surgery can be easier once you have done your research and know what lies ahead. Here are some tools that can help you decide what is best for you.

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Yes, I feel that I am pretty well prepared. I'm hoping the hip does not get too much worse between now and January.

Hi @gopher and :welome:
I'm sorry you have the long wait but great to know you are scheduled and will be getting rid of that horrid hip pain.
:yes!:
I had alot of trouble getting to the bottom of my pain...and became a double hippy 3 1/2 years ago. It certainly gave me my life back.:happydance:
Baby those hips and try to work on upper body as I found that to be very helpful to my recovery. I had some little hand weights that I used as I watched TV and sat on my heating pad. :sigh:
Eating well and staying healthy so that immune system can stay strong is even more important these days.
Finding this forum was such an important recovery tool for me...getting advice and reassurance from those who have been there and done that was priceless.
We are happy to have you here.:) :-) (:

Hi and welcome. Glad to hear you are looking forward to getting rid of those painful hips and getting on with life.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads