Ask the Expert Webinar
Lounge Doctor

THR Looking for an excellent surgeon

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi @Natsfan - Please will you confirm that you are having a Right THR on September 29, 2020, and not a revision of your left THR?
I'll add that to your signature and edit it If I have misunderstood.

Here are some articles to help you prepare for your surgery:
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Wordcat

Country
United States United States
My scheduled surgery is for a first time hip replacement. Still trying to determine cause of problem with the other one. Could be a spine issue or a loose cup. We'll see. Can't blame you for going with Unger. Heard great things about him.
Ah, I misread you and vice versa. Thought you were having a revision. Interesting you are going for posterior. I hear things are more visible on that approach. I wonder if anterior was a shiny new toy surgeons felt they needed to play with. But In the end the old tinker toys were best. Unger is the afflicted hip. Anteriorly done. As you say, nothing is guaranteed. And there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of orthopedic surgeons in DC.
@Natsfan. how does does HHS work? were you able to meet and be examined by jeraback Or was it a video call? I note There’s a young woman OS on the HHS service now, a rarity for lower extremities. There don’t seem to be many of those and I wonder if any one knows anything about her.

of the two revision names In DC I have seen, one is an associate of the doctor who did my primary surgery And might not be the best choice.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Stopping by to say Hi :wave: Tomorrow is your big day.
I will look forward to following your healing journey on the recovery side.
Hope to see there once your pain is well managed and you’re resting comfortably at home.
All the best to you!
@Natsfan

OP
OP
N

Natsfan

Country
Wordcat, I met with Jerabek in person last year. I had numerous images taken on Friday and met with him again this morning. I expect things to go fine tomorrow. thanks.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Natsfan
I am tagging @Wordcat for you so she‘s alerted to you’re response.
Without tagging ( using this sign -> @ ) before the members name you’re responding to there is no guarantee she’ll see your message.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: @Natsfan wishing you the best tomorrow and look forward to seeing you on the recovery side when you're up to it.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Wishing you a successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we see you on the shiny (recovery) side when you are up to posting.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Bye bye hip pain.:yes!:
Healing vibes in advance...

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads