THR Look mom - no more duck tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bone-obo I do not recommend that level of activity at 5 weeks! The next time I go a full mile it might be on my pink razor scooter - yes fully equipped with a bell and pink streamers. I used it a good bit before surgery to get around the office and for long journeys across parking lots. Sometimes I would even wear a tiara when riding it....people ask less questions when they think you're just crazy :rotfl:

FB_IMG_1534946329362.jpg

You'll be up and at em soon enough!

Last edited:
You know your body, I trust you'll take the cues you get if you're pushing it.
The 12 days off is a bit concerning though since through your own admission
you're better off at work :heehee:
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@SwampHiker

Hope your weekend is sweet also @SwampHiker !
You are doing beautifully...just don't screw it up:no-fin:
:) We want to see you healthy and happy!:yes:

Swamphiker, sounds like you’re doing great!! Your PT regimen is much more intense than the one I was given. Mine is just 15 or so mins once a day, and then PT three times a week (and all the walking and stationary cycling I like to do). I asked my PT about stretching last Friday, and he said not to start yet. Apparently, there is a slight dislocation risk until 6-8 weeks. I suppose that your situation (with the pelvic tilt) is a bit different from mine though...

Apparently, there is a slight dislocation risk until 6-8 weeks. I suppose that your situation (with the pelvic tilt) is a bit different from mine though...
Same situation for everyone. The 6-8 weeks is the time it takes for bone growth to start around the implant. Every surgeon is different about activity levels. The most important factor is to listen to your body. It will quickly tell you if you have pushed too far.

LOVE the picture! The cuteness - it burns! But I do have a question about your avatar: why is there a human hand in your backpack? Lunch?

Just popped in swamphiker to see how your getting on. Your doing really well and sounds like you have been very busy. You have a great work ethic.
I hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation. You deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker