Lounge Doctor

TKR Lisako76 Recovery

OP
OP
L

Lisako76

Country
United States United States
All true but my right knee was significantly worse than the left. The weakness is above the knee and seems to be more hip related... actually fall related also. It's been a year since the hip replacement and no improvement in strength just improvement in pain.

Scaredycat10

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have an issue that I have no good answer for and doctors seem to blow off with a shrug. I'm hoping one of you has an idea. I had a bad fall last year and ever since I have been unable to get myself up off the ground. I can't stand from a chair without my arms pushing me up. It was a sudden change. Since that fall I've had left knee replacement, left hip replacement and right knee replacement. My right leg, even though knee surgery was 10/25, it's much stronger than my left. I'm so frustrated. Why is my left leg still so weak?

I keep thinking could I have torn an important muscle that won't heal? Doctors say no. Is there an exercise that would help me? Sitting in my recliner right now with my feet up, I can only lift my left foot up a few inches. My right foot a good foot. Help :( I'm afraid I'll never get that strength back.
D'you know what?

I have been a consistent if reluctant gym goer for decades. I have had a personal trainer and a physio keeping me on track as my husband is disabled and I am our legs so I have needed the help and discipline.

I have been diligent in prehab and I credit that with my advanced rehab but, I haven't been able to kneel/get up off the ground for years, and I was pretty fit so please, don't diss the fact you can't do it after all your problems.

OP
OP
L

Lisako76

Country
United States United States
I'm beginning to think this is permanent which would have maybe not been as bad if people had told me it could be.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rosamund Doudna
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom