THR Linette333 is in recovery<

Hey @linette333
Stopping by to say Hi and see how you've been doing over the past couple of weeks.
Would love to hear...
Hope you're having a nice Monday!

@Layla @mikeycat Thanks both of you for checking up on me.
I haven't posted for a couple of weeks as I haven't really had anything new to report. :umm:
My new hip is great and apart from the ache and stiffness in the morning and after sitting down for too long, I have no complaints at all. It is getting stronger by the day and is definitely feeling like "mine", if that makes sense. I am walking well, unaided.
Unfortunately the problem with the left side continues! :flabber: I am still seeing the physio, who is giving me massages and I am doing the exercises recommended. She seems to think that it will resolve and that it is improving, but it is so frustrating! :bawl:
Meanwhile I am keeping active and trying not to let this issue affect what I do too much.

So strange that you've got issues with the non op side, @linette333. Your new hip recovery sounds good though. :thumb:. Hopefully your PT can sort out the problem side soon and your aches and pains will be a thing of the past! :console2:

Good Morning!
I'm sorry you're still dealing with issues, linette. I hope the fact that the Physio believes all can be resolved
offers you some reassurance. Especially since your op leg is doing so well. You have a healthy mindset in trying to move forward and not dwelling on it excesssivly. With any luck you'll find complete relief soon.
Have a great Tuesday!
@linette333

Yes @mikeycat , the OS looked at my x-rays at the 6 week check-up, when I told him about the problem. He said my left hip is "fine" and that the problem is coming from my back. This is what the physio also says. Not sure what else I can do ..

My PT is also an osteopath and it was she who found out my back problems--I was bent over every 6 weeks and it took 2 weeks every time to recover--were related to my arthritic hip. She worked on me and I have never had a back issues save after hip surgery (re-compensation)again.Oh and all this administered painlessly. Maybe you can find a different PT who will help you or an osteopath--someone recommended and reputable.Oh I feel your pain.

@linette333
Actually at 3 months I saw my OS because of my unusual buttuck pain. I had new xrays, he said implant fine, it was referred pain from my back. I never had any problems with my back until after surgery, and so I'm thinking no he's wrong, I actually argued a little with him. He then said probably it's coming from your back. I think sometimes it's a shot in the dark....and I hope time heals us all....

:hi: Hi @linette333
Wondering if your back is feeling any better? Hopefully your continued visits with the Physio getting massages and doing the exercises is helping. :fingersx:
I hope you have a nice evening and a great week ahead!

Thank you for stopping by @Layla . Yes, I am still seeing the physio, getting the massages and doing the exercises! :umm:
I say this cautiously, but the pain in the buttocks (literally!) seems to be easing ....
So maybe something is working at last?
I am hoping to be able to report something more positive at my 4 month check - in another week. :fingersx:

Hi @linette333
What wonderful news! I'm very happy for you and hope the pain continues easing.
Please let us know how your appt goes in another week. Fingers crossed and best wishes it's all good!
Thanks for updating. Wishing you a lovely week :)

Good morning, @linette333 I hope that the weekend was good for you, and that your "pain in the butt" continues to ease. I get that as well, although on my operated side. It is annoying and uncomfortable, along with the pain that radiates down my left thigh as well, but like you, I continue to press forward and believe that, with time and continued work, this will fade. All things considered it does sound as if you're doing pretty darn well. Are you at 100% yet? Nope, but 4 months out in a week is still not that far along in recovery. Exercise that patience muscle! Hope the week ahead is a good one for you. Cheers!

Hi my fellow 333!
Hope your back and behind are behaving.
I have been getting some therapy for my SI joint and listed some of the exercises on my thread. They have been done slow with strict attention to whether they help or hurt.
I also gave myself loads of time before I began concentrated efforts for it but perhaps you could check and see if a PT would work with you on it.
My PT attributes alot of it to tight hip flexors so may be a bit too early to dive in to much as you are still healing.
Hugs for a good day today.

Thanks for thinking of me @Mojo333 . I would be interested to see what exercises you have been doing. Glad to hear that they are helping!

This is the post in my thread.
As I say in it, this was done after quite some time and with careful observation from my PT who cautioned me about pushing anything that was causing pain.

Thought I would update my recovery thread...
I have had what I consider to be a stellar recovery and for the most part all niggles along the way have resolved.
Having a very physical active job has been helpful mostly but due to the amount of bending, lifting, and contorting...I can have aches and discomfort...mostly in my lower back and SI joint mostly toward my right side which has affected mostly my sleeping. Also a little bit of golf ball in the butt feeling from time to time...still!

Since my back pain was my main complaint before BTHR, I have had cause for pause wondering if this will worsen and affect my new hips and I was too nervous to seek chiropractic care.
I had my GP refer me to PT as I am far enough along to feel confident in some of the prescribed exercises.

I was taken back a bit when the therapist mentioned an LLD- shorter on the right side...that he attributed to tight hip flexors, more noticeable on right side.
I have been resolving this...yes! it has been helping:yes: with a very easy does it regimen of the following stretches and exercises. I do them daily and most are lying down with the exception of the standing hip flexor stretch done on steps at work several times daily. Very helpful.

Standing hip flexor stretch
Supine Piriformis Stretch

For SI/back:
Single knee to chest exercises
Heel taps
Pelvic tilt
Low trunk rotation

All of these can be done at home but the PT begins my biweekly sessions with ultrasound therapy (aaaah, feels so good) and ends with a TENS therapy and a kinesiotaping.

The first year, it was hard to tell what needed "work" and what needed babying..
So most issues resolved over the course of first 14 months.

I am sorry this is long...but wanted those who have followed me and know that I regularly sing of the life reclaimed...that there can be some tuneups that are helpful.
My body continues to be used vigorously daily...and it isn't always about the hips.

Hope this may help someone who sees similarities in SI issues.
I went from 90 percent great..to 95% with these helpful tools

Go @Mojo333 !! Sounds good and I love that your PT is taking things slowly. Especially since your work day sounds..... vigorous!

It boils down to a balancing act, doesn't it?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom