BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[TKR] Lindylee's recovery thread<

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by Lindylee, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    I think you could try putting the electrodes more to the side, so that the diagonal lines intersect where you're feeling the most pain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you both for the advice, very helpful.

3. Didot

Didot junior member

Australia Australia
    Interesting to see we still struggle with this whole drama. I’ve tried to get on with life, coping with the discomfort that somehow still hangs around. My problem now seems to be those numb areas starting to come alive 5 months in and it’s a whole new pain. I wish it would end. But like many of us, my other knee reminds me it’s got to happen all over again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

Just popped in for a quick update.
    My 6 month anniversary yesterday and all is going well. My new knee is going from strength to strength and I'm doing most things I was before, just other issues preventing me from long walks still. The IT band is improving, but still bothers me from time to time, although I no longer feel like I have a wonky wheel and walking in a straight line is more natural.

Going down stairs there is still a little discomfort that increases if I do too many and the knee tends to swell and stiffen if I spend too long sitting with my foot on the floor.

The other knee is becoming more of an issue, giving way, locking and very stiff. I sense the next surgery is getting ever closer, but I'm enjoying being back in the swing of things so reluctant to go ahead just yet, especially as one of the doctors reckons the right knee is worse than the left one was so part of me wonders if it will be a harder recovery. It's more the enforced inactivity that's putting me off rather than the surgery, but there will come a time in the not too distant future that the balance changes.

I hope everyone else is getting on ok and I'd just like to thank all on Bonesmart for all the advice and support. It's really helped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Didot

Didot junior member

Australia Australia
    Hi there @Lindylee. We’re in similar timeframes and am pleased to seeing all going well. I see my surgeon on Thursday. Have decided to do the other one ASAP. Feel that there’s no point hanging around, trying to strengthen my operated knee, coping with revolt from my other one. Just get it over with and work properly on both, is my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

Hi @Didot Good to hear you're ready to proceed with the other knee. I hope it all goes well for you. I need to make up my mind before too long. We have a big anniversary coming up next year that we need to plan for and it's either wait until after or go ahead fairly soon. Decisions, decisions!

7. Irish471

Irish471 senior

United States United States
    @Lindylee , it's good to see an update from you! Glad it's been going well and hope that other knee holds up for you. I couldn't imagine doing my other knee within the first year. I would if I had to, but thankfully, it's been surprisingly okay! I hear you about the stairs. That's the last challenge I hope to overcome soon. Going up is fine, but descending is another issue. I just need to wrap my head around the idea :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

@Irish471 Hi there! You seem to be doing well too. I read through your posts yesterday. Downstairs will come when you're ready. I started by just doing the bottom two stairs and then increasing gradually until I could do a whole flight. We're in a 200 year old holiday cottage in Wales at present. The stairs are very steep so I'm not even considering coming down normally while we're here.

Ideally I'd like to hang on until next Spring before the other knee is done, but then I want to be fully fit for next September. The decision isn't being helped at present by my husband having investigations and I want to be sure that we're not going to be two old crocks together!