Revision TKR LindaO’s Revision TKR

@LindaO - Sorry you're in pain again.
Have you let your surgeon know that the On-Q appears to have leaked and you're now in pain? You may need to have your pain relief medications adjusted.

The anesthesiologist knows about the leak and told me to go ahead and pull the tube.
Surgeon gave me some hydrocodone 10 mg and Tramadol 59 mg.
it is feeling a little better today. I noticed quite a bit of new bleeding on the bandage so I wrapped it with an ace bandage last night for some compression.
I will probably take it back off tonight.
keeping it iced and elevated!

Thank you @Tykey ! Yes doc gave me some hydrocodone and Tramadol. Touch wood it is a little better today!

Oh no, I'm am so sorry your pain ball leaked all out. Remember that ice is a great pain reducer, so ice and elevate as much as you can. I pray your pain eases off really quickly.

Well since my last post, I have improved tremendously! After 5-6 days, I was able to go down to 1 hydrocodone at night and take Tramadol and Celebrex twice a day. Walking without support since about day 3.
This journey has been so much better than the first ones! I have to wonder if it was due to only having the revision on the femur portion and not the tibial part?
Saw OS yesterday and things look good. I am not super happy with the look of my incision but hopefully it will get better as it heals.
Looking forward to determining if the pain is resolved...once healing completed!
OS said my tibia was slid quite far back due to the PCL failing. He said I should be able to tell a big difference when the swelling goes down!
Doing my own PT. So far just heel slides, walking, and rocking on the bike. OS happy at where I was!
Sending healing vibes to all going through this currently!

@LindaO my pain ball catheter broke first night when I forgot to "take it with me" I am very glad you were able to adjust your pain meds to compensate!

@NewToMe I feel you! Not a fun experience but we do persevere!

@LindaO I'm just catching up on your revision, it sounds like you have progressed pretty well! The surgery just being on the femur must be a huge plus for the progress your making. I hope it all continues on an uphill trajectory for you! :)

Thank you @Macknit! I still have the ache and nerve zingers, which most seem to get. But it gets better daily!

I already forgot about the zingers....oh my goodness, those are so interesting, but thankfully will be ending soon for you, I'm sure. I still have achy and swelling days, but recovery seems to be much faster so there is always light at the end of our tunnels....as @ luvcats said, most likely not a train but cyclists with headlamps on!! :heehee:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom