• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Limping

My Hip

Country
United States United States
Broke my hip Sept 2019. Had surgery and in-house rehab for 2 weeks and then out patient. I have been telling surgeon I had pain and the leg felt shorter. Last time was March, 2019 - he said my xrays were perfect. Left room for a few minutes and then came back and looked at my legs and said is that leg shorter? Then he said not.

My RA Doctor ordered xrays to rule out my mild RA. It is not RA and the xray shows my leg is shorter by ½-1 inch.

I cannot function. I scream with pain when I first get up and cannot get my leg in bed at night without pulling it up. In and out of the car is torture.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Hi,
Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us. I'm sorry you're struggling with pain and unanswered questions. I'm also sorry I have no advice. I'm wondering if you could post your x-rays for the forum nurse @Josephine to look over. She has many years experience and may be able to advise. I've tagged her for you so please check back periodically in case she has questions. Following is an explanation on posting x-rays -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/a-few-tips-on-posting-xrays.23055/
Wishing you comfort...hope to hear from you soon.
@My Hip

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Broke my hip Sept 2019
@My Hip it can't be 2019 because we are still only in July! So I guess you meant 2018? Yes?

I think you need to see a new surgeon who will help you though it might be a tough search to find one.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jusight77
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom