Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Cookie is being stabilized (in prep for future procedures/surgeries) and receiving the care that her condition demands. She is in the right location for this.

Good news! I have faith, hope you do too!
Wishing her peace and perfect healing.:prayer:

:yes!:So glad to hear she is being attended to.
Hope this gives you some peace of mind also.
Hope you are doing well too @SCaprae :SUNsmile:

The patient is more stable: everything related to hip replacement has been removed, treating staff, yeast infections. Has a long ways to go. Needs to begin eating first, feeding tube at present.

Oh heavens I get nervous when I see you’ve posted. While it’s good to hear she’s being treated, it’s still frightening how out of control its all become. It‘s begining to sound like she’s given up. I’m sure as time drags on she loses hope she’ll ever feel normal again. Feeding tube, unbelievable! I have confidence she’s at the right place and can get through this. I‘m assuming you agree. She needs an awful lot of care and some divine intervention in my estimation. I will remember her in prayer.
@SCaprae

Cookie has stabilized some, appt on 14 th. Heard a term that I’m not liking / failure to thrive.

I’m sorry. I don’t blame you for feeling uneasy in hearing this news. As you know I’m not a medical professional, but those words give the impression she’s depressed and given up hope. My heart goes out to her in her long suffering, her husband helplessly watching and you, her friend, concerned, but powerless. All we can do is pray for a turn around as I’m sure you are. I will join you. Please keep us posted.
@SCaprae

Her body has been through so much...I do hope there is a turnabout.
Continued healing prayers for Cookie.:praying:

Things are getting better for Cookie, appt w/ care team last Friday. The wound has closed (no longer draining), labs look much better. Therapy to help w/ cognitive skills. Moved to skilled care facility near son,daughter-in-law and grandkids. Her surgeon is talking 10-12 weeks until a new prosthetic can be installed. She is very weak.
Spent 4 days up at Bear camp getting started w/ this years hunt (I’m the only 1 of our group who got drawn for a license). Time in the woods is “good medicine”

What wonderful news and much more encouraging than it’s been In awhile.
With any luck it’s helping, Cookie, feel more hopeful and with 10-12 weeks to regain strength before another surgery, she has time for improvement.

If memory serves, she and her husband were with you on that bear hunting trip up north last year. So it sounds like you’re on your own this year...in the woods? :yikes:
Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Be careful and good luck!
@SCaprae

Yes,both of them and their son are members of our hunting party. My cousin is also in the group & he came up when I was there. This year it will just be the 2 of us at the 16’x20’ cabin. We have gotten used to staying in campers, but this year we’re getting back to basics & using the cabin. No cell service, running water or electricity and a 1/2 hour atv ride in. Will be just fine.

Glad to hear Cookie has what sounds like Finally a great care team.
I remember you thought that maybe you were perceived as articulating your thoughts on the subject...basically telling the truth, which is hard to hear...was causing friction but they know that you are a true friend.
You've come such a long bumpy road yourself... Hunting bears ain't nothing for you.
Stay safe and enjoy the solitude of nature.

Just visited w/ Cookie and am please to say she is “coming back to herself”. Still in isolation (covid) from the change of location for another week at the care facility in Alexandria near her son& his family. Physical therapy daily to regain flexibility, sitting up & standing (with an appliance), limited strengthening. Encouraging news!!

Woohoo! :happydance: Thats the best news you’ve shared in awhile. I’ll bet it warmed your heart to see your friend finally in a better place physically and emotionally. May it only get better!
Have a nice weekend!
@SCaprae

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom