Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Hi and a Happy Saturday to you!
It's great to hear that all is well. Thanks for checking in on, Bruce. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Many members come looking for support, encouragement and happy endings from others who've "been there, done that" and you certainly have.

I heard once from (alexthecat) fellow member, that her surgeon mentioned the mid thigh pain can last for a couple years even? I'm sure if you feel it's problematic you'll contact the team you've successfully worked with.

not easy to admit that we are aging).

Yes, I agree and often mention that here. I think there are some who are disappointed when they don't feel like a teen again once they're supposedly fully recovered. As my OS's PA reminded me - "We cannot match your natural hip, it's not going to happen". However, they do get pretty darned close and for that I'll be ever thankful!

Nice pic of Ruby and Yogi.

Stay in touch and have a nice weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!
@SCaprae

Haha! Thanks, you're great too. :)
Have a lovely Thanksgiving and stay warm. Not sure about your locale, but know you're in my general area of the country....Eight inches of snow and wind gusts were 49 mph earlier this morning. I'm not ready for this yet. :bawl:
Have a good one!

Tis the season to be jolly...hope all is well with you, friend.
Virtual snowball fight!:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:

Thank you. Things are going well, got to play w/ (shake down cruise) snow removal equipment, the puddle has about 7” if ice and the Fishermen are just making a weekend of it. Plowed out the elderly couple down the road and was treated to fresh sweet dough buns & hot coffee (only payment accepted) along with a nice visit. Have the garage warm & toasty for Yogi & Ruby’s play date and only a couple months till NASCAR returns. Till than getting back to important projects (yard art from the scrap pile - gaining space back is a selfish motive).

Best Wishes to All from Kilkenny Mn

Best Wishes back at ya!
Hopefully ice fishing on snowmobile, or on foot, is all that's happening at this point with only 7" of ice, right? Safety first. :)

It sounds like you're having fun with the plow. Boys and their toys. :wink:
So nice to have neighbors you appreciate and visa / versa.

So...the man cave is ready for February NASCAR on the recliner, Bloody in hand, play dates for the dogs and whatever else you do out there. My hubs hangs out in ours in the winter also making fishing lures while watching sports on tv. Can't imagine hanging out in the garage :shrug: it has to be a guy thing.

Wondering if your friend's wife is getting any closer to hip replacement?

Stay warm and have a great week!
@SCaprae

Yes, the day is approaching for her first THR. Actually it is this coming Wednesday. Will be loaning transfer chair, dressing stick, leg lifter, sock appliance and the ice attachments for crutches. Along w/ being supportive. As she is ready, maybe attempting to help her navigate this site. Will keep you posted.

This forum was certainly a life line for me when I was recovering...I'm sure I would have worked it out...but nice to get the scoop from first hand experiences...
So glad you are able to pay it forward with some good advice and all your fun recovery toys.
Stay well, SCaprae

Hello :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
I'll bet your friend is thankful for your generosity and takes comfort in knowing she can talk to you about her surgery and recovery when she has questions or concerns. I hope she'll check out the forum also. I can't imagine my recovery without BoneSmart. Not only is the support great but there are so many things you learn in reading posts of those who've gone before you.

I hope her surgery goes well and her recovery is an easy uneventful one. Keep us posted. Put on your salesman hat and sell her on joining us here. C'mon, I know you can do it :wink: We'd love to offer her encouragement as she's healing.
I hope you have a good week! :)
@SCaprae

My friend’s surgery “went well “, heading to recovery. Question for you: what may cheer/brighten a retired RN about a day post-op

Have answered my own question. I have a Mr Happy puppet that has travelled w/ me on motorcycle trips (mystical power to speak very and sometimes too freely w/o repercussion) & is currently unemployed.

Attachments

• 6DF897D1-C0D2-4F76-8B7E-C377767C38CB.png
    6DF897D1-C0D2-4F76-8B7E-C377767C38CB.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 177
Question for you: what may cheer/brighten a retired RN about a day post-op?

Love it...but Mr. Happy was not even remotely on my radar.:heehee:
But great idea...probably genius for the first day or two as long as she is adequately medicated.

Mr. Happy is a cutie, but you'll run the risk she wants to keep your lucky charm. :no-fin:

Buy her, her own and she'll have it as a keepsake as the beginning of her new life...without hip pain! :happydance:

Hope she's resting comfortably and her pain is minimal.
Wishing you a great end of the week!

Already ordered, but will allow the loan if mine till it arrives. When I go to visit I’ll have Mr Happy announce my arrival.

The patient is doing well/ was surprised to see how well she is moving around on day 4. Brought over an “in the wrapper” Mr Happy and actually saw a smile. Visited with her and her husband & was able to return home w/o worries.

:roseshwr:Love small kindnesses...I actually prefer them to large ones.
Feels more sincere with less indebtedness....

Hope your holidays are Happy and Bright!!!!:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom