TKR Lesson learned

Nelly

Country
United States United States
Make sure all dental work is done a month before going in. I had to have an emergency cavity filled Tuesday and they cancelled my suey scheduled for 6/3.

Probably a good idea @Nelly . But I think this varies with surgeons. I cracked a tooth and had to have a crown fit less than a week before my LTHR. They didn't have a problem with it.

Sorry your surgery is delayed. Any idea when you will get rescheduled?

@Jaycey Aww man.. I'm glad you were able to go through with it. No I will probably get a call in a couple of weeks to reschedule. I was upset about it but I can't change it.

It's a big let down! You mentally prepare and then hit a brick wall. Hope you hear something very soon!

Getting ready for surgery, with all the prep, both mental and physical, only to have it postponed is really hard. I had it happen to me, and was totally bummed. But, I used the extra time to get even more prepared. I had time to make even more pre-made freezer meals, which was a big help after the surgery since I have a husband who can build a kitchen from the ground up, but can't cook anything edible except eggs, which I hate. I don't enjoy starving, nor do I enjoy a steady diet of fast food, so in the end it worked out well and I was fully stocked with enough meals to get us through until I was cooking again. Hopefully you'll get rescheduled soon, and be on your way to taking your life back!

@Jaycey @lovetocookandsew thank you both. When it was cancelled I went home and self medicated with some wine. It does give me more time to prepare it is the 2nd time it's been cancelled. Lesson learned and all dental work is completed. I'm going to call surgery scheduling and see if I can get something on the books

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back