TKR Left TKR scheduled for August 10

ebrown64

Country
United States United States
I went to see my Ortho and he finally recommended surgery.

benne68

Staff member since February 2022
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Hello @ebrown64 and welcome to BoneSmart! :welome:

Congratulations on your surgery date. Since it is coming up soon, I'm sure you are looking for information will share some of so you can be better prepared for what is to come.

Take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Also, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

This is a great community that will support you throughout your knee replacement journey, so please don't hesitate to ask questions and share your concerns. We're here to help.

benne68

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Just checking in to see how you are doing, @ebrown64.

Only a few more days until your surgery; do you have any questions or concerns that we can help with? Let us know.

OP
OP
E

ebrown64

Country
Right now I am just working on getting everything organized at work and getting the house set up for recovery. We have a 5-month-old puppy so I am trying to strategically place baby gates so she can't get near me and jump on me. It should be interesting! I only had 3 1/2 weeks from when I saw my Ortho to when surgery was scheduled but I wanted to be well on my way to recovery before the snow flies here in Minnesota so I asked for the soonest date they could do.

benne68

BoneSmart Staff
Country
I'm sure your puppy will provide endless entertainment while you are recovering, @ebrown64! What breed is he(she)?

OP
OP
E

ebrown64

Country
She is a Golden Retriever named Maisie and she is a crazy dog! I am really starting to get nervous about surgery. I am sure that everything will go fine but the recovery is worrisome.

benne68

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Aren't ALL Goldens "crazy"? :heehee: They are just so ready to have fun!

Being nervous as your surgery date gets close is normal. Most of us have last-minute anxiety or even second guess our decision. I had lived with worsening knee pain for years, but was so afraid to have a TKR that the night before surgery, my husband had to talk me out of cancelling! I am so grateful that he did.

Yes, the initial weeks of the recovery are difficult for many of us. If you take your pain meds on schedule and don't push too soon, you will do fine.

Be sure to start a recovery thread once you feel up to it post-surgery and we'll share more suggestions to help you along the way.

:flwrysmile:

Bunnyhead

Country
@ebrown64 Hi, I also am having ltkr on August 10th. I am getting really nervous too. Trying to finish last minute things and setup house. Just want to get it over with and start recovering. Hang in there.

OP
OP
E

ebrown64

Country
@Bunnyhead Good luck with your surgery & recovery - I hope yours goes smooth!

We woke up this morning to no hot water, the pilot light is out on the water heater. My husband is going to look at it today and see if he can get it re-lite because I called and they can't get to our house until tomorrow to look at it sometime between 8AM and 8PM. So I may have to do the special showers at my daughter's house tomorrow and the morning of surgery - nothing goes easy, something always comes up to wreck my grand plans. LOL

Susie-Q

BoneSmart Staff
Country
No hot water, oh no! I hope that gets resolved quickly.

I've got a 2-1/2 year old lab and she's still a bit crazy. She has settled down a lot since puppyhood. I kept one of her toy bins close to my side of the couch while recovering so I could throw toys for her to retrieve. Good luck with your preparations for surgery and see you on the other side!

Bunnyhead

Country
Sure hope you get the hot water back on...I think the special showers are stressful enough without having to do them somewhere else.

benne68

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Best of luck tomorrow, @ebrown64 :loveshwr:

Once you are feeling up to it after your surgery, please come back and start a Recovery thread to let us know how you are doing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
avariciou5
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom