TKR Left TKR on 6/21/2022

Good luck with your revision. if you had TKR in December do you mind my asking what caused the need for a revision?
Here is @agsmom ’s pre op thread:

Hi, I don’t mind you asking but it’s not a great story. The first surgeon placed the implant incorrectly; he cut the angle wrong. I was never able to walk without a cane or bear full weight on my right leg. I developed severe valgus knee (this is a condition opposite of being bow legged); my lower bent to the right from the knee down. The joint was very loose and I could feel it move any time I tried to put too much weight on it or even when I turned over in bed.

This revision has been more painful in some ways because of the size of the implant. I have a lot of pain in my tibia especially. I may need pain meds even longer this time. I’m sorry to hear that your doctor’s office is so hands off. My surgeon gave me his cell number with instructions to call or text any time. Doctors can be so different! After reading the article about pain meds I’m even less worried than I was about continuing them for as long as I need them. I hope it won’t be much longer though!!!

I’m going to reiterate what others have suggested to you about not over doing it in PT. It’s not worth it. My PT is babying me a bit because of what I’ve been through. We’re taking it week by week.

Good luck!

Oh so sorry to hear this! Best of luck to you with your recovery. Hopefully just the first several weeks will be tough and with the right meds you will sail through. Glad your PT is babying you. Will keep an eye on you here. :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts