TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DianeJ
Hope that you have a good session at PT today and that your wish to gain some ROM happens.
And not to be too concerned if not at this session, as we all know, it comes when the knee is ready & not before.

Take care and let us know how you get on today.
Cathie :flwrysmile:

@bball78

Hello,

See that you are still around and just wondering how you are getting on post-op ?
We are nearly at Week 7 and for me it is still slow going for me, hope that you are progressing in your recovery.

Take care and thinking of you,

Good morning Cathie! The value of a good night's sleep can't be over stated. Somehow I've managed to sleep really well through this whole ordeal. I woke up really late today at 9:30 which I hate because once I get cleaned up and moving around it seems the day is half over. Your pool sounds very inviting. Enjoy!

Hi @marmora well done on the flexion woo hoo go girl.
I have just been to physio and I have moved forward a little bit more now at 91-92 so I am now going for 100 as originally it has constantly moved form 90 then 95 and now I want 100
we are all slowly getting there
have a good day everyone

Hi @vallee,
Good news at your move forward at physio today every degree plus is a degree in the right direction.
Feel today like I'm back under the 100 degree, knee every stiff. Have group PT session on Wednesday, so,it will get measured again.

The therapy pool doesn't open until next Monday & Tuesday, would have been nice to use it today.

Take care and be good to your knee.

@gr82cu2

Hi Janet,

Sometimes when I sleep later than planned, I figure that my body and/or knee needed the extra rest.
The therapy pool doesn't open again until next Monday & Tuesday.

So, found myself taking a little nap during my afternoon exercises on the bed- it must have been the fresh clean sheets, as they were so inviting. :chillpill:

It's almost 4 pm here, so time to think about getting dinner ready for husband & son.

Take care,
Cathie

Too bad about the pool but there's next week to look forward to now. I messed up. I have been having PT on Tuesdays and Fridays and forgot I only had appointments set up through last week. I called this morning and they were booked solid for today. I'll go tomorrow but couldn't get Michelle :( I set up 8 more appointments and got Michelle for all but 2 of them.

@marmora Sorry you missed out on the pool! Steve's therapist was very impressed with him today, he did 5 minutes on the bike, walked around the track without cane for 6 minutes, did a bunch of other exercises. Both legs got 125 flex, and the new knee got 0 extension, and the old knee got 3. Old knee went back a couple degrees on flex and extension, but she wasn't worried about it. He had been concentrating on the new knee, now he needs to work both, Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!

@tiredwife
Hello Jackie & Steve,

:happydance: Steve, you had an excellent day at PT must be all the support from Jackie that has helped.
Really great Flexion at 125 degrees.

Take care,

@marmora Quote from Steve, "Thank you, and you are right!" Really he has worked hard to get to were he is today! He said the walking around the track felt good until he sat down! This leg has been so good on his ROM first one took a lot longer!

@marmora LOL If he keeps getting bored and messing up my kitchen, this good woman might be shoving her good man into a closet and locking him inside! He decided to clean our little table top BBQ grill in the kitchen, I now have black all over!

@marmora LOL, It would be part of my sanity program! He is so bored, 14 weeks since his first knee. He has never had that much time off before, and has never been housebound as much before. This is our last week of babysitting our grandson (they finally got a babysitter), so we can start in on this house again, that should keep him busy!

@marmora , Hi Cathie. Wow six hours straight without waking up. Oh how I would love to do that. I am a very light sleeper and can count on one hand how often I have slept for that long of a stretch. I'm usually up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom. Lately my lower back has really been bothering me. I took a muscle relaxer when I went to bed and I was still up for quite a while. My daughter is going to give me a massage on Thursday and I have mixed feelings about it. She is an excellent massage therapist and specializes in injury and deep muscle massage. I know that it will help me, but I know at times it's going to be uncomfortable.
That's great that you can use the pool. I'm anxious to hear how you did. Have a good day/night. Anne

@marmora Yep still around:) Seven weeks...hard to believe! My rehab is going well, my main problem is cramping in 2 very angry muscles behind my knee. This rehab has been a little different from my first TKR, exercises are going well, just can't get those muscles behind my knee to let loose! I have been walking without a cane for the past 2 weeks, going down stairs is still a little tough but much better that it was a week ago! I really don't have any pain except for the cramping which mainly occurs at night when I am trying to sleep! Of course!

I've been following your post, just been busy writing sub plans and rehab. We've been in school 3 weeks, I missed the first full week of classes, last week I went half days and this week I am hoping to start back full-time (today I tried my first full day). I am off tomorrow for p.t. and then hopefully will get the okay to continue back full-time. My students were excited to hear I should be back full-time this week, even though I haven't met them all yet!:heehee: I had one class today that after I started the lesson stop me and asked me who I was.....I forgot I hadn't seen this class yet!

Well, I should get to bed and try to sleep! Hope you had a restful night!

Cindy :bored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562