TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DianeJ
Just checking in to say hello and hope that you will have a good Labor Day Weekend.

Cathie

@marmora We both got naps so I feel a bit better! Let you know about the pills tomorrow, he says they don't quite knock the pain as good as the Percocet. How's the flex doing?

Hi Cathie, thanks for the reply :) I'm trying really hard to find a good balance between exercise and rest. I'm hoping I see more bend soon.
I see that @vallee is similar too us ;) come on girls, we can do this!!
Positive attitude and patience. ( it's really hard though! )
Cheers From Deb

Hi Deb,
@happymum

Finding the balance is hard, just finished - most of my at-home exercise routine.
Heading, as part of my daily walk to a local church hall for a Charity Coffee & Cake morning for various good causes.

Then home to elevate & ice.

It is hard work for us @happymun & @vallee and me and a few others.
But, as a group we can support each other.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:

Hi @happymum and @marmora yep we can all do this. I have just been in my garden doing a little bit of this and that and I am sure my bend is a wee bit better today trying to improve my just doing daily tasks as well as exercises
have a good weekend everyone
Val

@vallee
@happymum
Good idea to add daily activities into our exercise routines.
Together we can do it !

Here on the couch watching Escape to the Country after morning exercises and walking in and out to The Village.

Have a great weekend,

Hello all,

On couch, knee elevated and icy Cryo cuff on.

It is now 'officially'the start of Autumn.
Those in the UK & Ireland know it starts when the first X Factor show starts. And The last show is the Saturday before Christmas.

Relaxing and enjoying Simon, Cheryl, Mel B & Louis.

Take care,
Cathie :chillpill:

@marmora For some reason, I am not getting notifications when someone tags me, so I just now saw your good wishes for a good Labor Day weekend! Thank you! :) It's still hot here so can't do much outside except early morning and evening.

I am doing well - had my last day of home PT on Wednesday and I start out-patient PT on this coming Tuesday. The new therapist has equipment such as stationary bicycles etc. in his office so that will be great! I did gain a lot of ground from the home PT, and I do all my exercises twice a day, then ice and elevate afterwards! I go see the OS on Thursday so will be interesting to see what he says about how I'm progressing.

I actually got the vacuuming done!! I only did a room or two at one time and eventually got that horrid job accomplished! :heehee:

One thing I've noticed is that when I got off the percocet and changed to Norco, my energy levels went up. :happydance:Norco works just fine for me so extra energy is a big bonus!

Hope you are having a great weekend, Cathie!
Diane

@DianeJ

Sorry that you're missing your tags-never can understand the why & why not of the internet.

You seem to have accomplished a lot with your at home PT and hopefully, the out patient will continue your recovery.

Vacuuming or hovering ( as we say here). Haven't done that yet, luckily we have mainly wooden floors with large rugs downstairs. But the stairs and landings and all the bedrooms have carpets, but husband & son have been taking care of that job.

My OS put me just on paracetamol when I saw him on Tuesday & rang his office on Friday to ask for something to hit the pain. He was away for the day, do his secretary recommended I contact my GP/PCP.
My GP prescribed Tylex 2 tabs every 8 hours and they have reduced the pain to a comfortable level.

Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend!

@tiredwife
@gr82cu2

Hi Jackie & Janet,

Very nice day, it's 9 pm now as I write this. We had lovely weather & sunshine all morning and afternoon until about 5 pm when the clouds- but no rain came.

Warm enough to have lunch outside in our garden and then drive to the seaside with husband (I'm not driving yet) for a 30 minute walk along the boardwalk.

Just did one morning set and one after dinner set of exercises today.

Feel that Flexion is increasing slightly, have appointment with my PT tomorrow afternoon, so will have her measure to see where it's at now.

Take care and enjoy your Labor Day Monday,
Cathie

@marmora Sounds like you had a lovely day! It matters how they measure flex. You always get better ROM sitting in a chair and sliding the foot back. Hubby will often slide it back with his hip kind of out of the chair on that side and then sit all the way down - it is a little uncomfortable but it increases ROM.

@marmora we have hardwood floors and his home PT told him to line up the front leg of the chair with the line between boards (using the same spot each time) and watch were your foot can go back to and try to do a little better each time. That way you can measure your own improvement.

You always get better ROM sitting in a chair and sliding the foot back.
This is so true. Is this how they measure Steve? My PT does mine with me laying down. It is so hard for me to pull my leg back from that position. I don't have the skinniest of legs, LOL. So, I wonder, if I can only get to 110 on my own laying down but say I could get 120 sitting on a chair why do they have to do it the hard way? In the hospital, that PT measured it with me sitting on the edge of the bed.

@gr82cu2 they always measured me laying down and do it in my recliner and it is easier I have decides not to worry about the numbers I do the exercises and move forward except when I um:groan: overdo a :bignono: :badspidy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562