TKR Left TKR on Jan 21st

Sammy65

Country
United States United States
Getting nervous with only a week to go. Had ACL done 20 years ago. I remember all to well how that felt and know this will be harder.

:welome: to BoneSmart. It will be hard, but the result will be worth it. Any questions just ask away!

I have a motorcycle trip planned for end of May. Will this be possible or should I cancel now. I know everyone heals differently, but is it possible?

@Sammy65 Welcome to BoneSmart!
I have a motorcycle trip planned for end of May. Will this be possible or should I cancel now.
Impossible to say at this point. Everyone reacts differently to major surgery. You may feel fine or you may not feel up to getting on that motorcycle by that time.

Here are a couple of articles that might give you some guidance about this recovery:
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Healing: how long does it take?
Activity progression for TKRs

I'm also up for TKR on the 21st and I also had an ACL repair about 16 years ago. I'm right there with you in remembering the pain! I'm scheduled to have my second knee done February 11. Hoping this first surgery doesn't scare me away from this plan!

Wow, that would scare me knowing you have to do it again so soon. I have a torn meniscus on my right but waiting to see if taking some of the weight off it will help. I’m sure some day down the road I’ll be having that one done too. Good luck hope to hear everything went well. We will compare notes on the other side.

My ACL surgery, so many years ago, gave me some good experience for this one. This recovery seems to be much slower, but some of the pain seems similar, so I’m not as floored by it as I might have been.

For me, the first couple of weeks were all about managing the pain and getting some mobility. The last five weeks have been about coping with the temporary limitations and learning how to work rest and recovery into my day and into my week, since I tend do work in longish bursts and need to create Longish rest periods to recover from overdoing it.

Good luck to you both. I had my LTKR on 21 Jan last year and am having a RTKR today. See you on the other side!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member