TKR Left knee done

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygerlylli

Hey gang,

I had my left knee replaced on 05/21/12. I had a better go of the left than I did the right knee. I still had a few problems with the left but, the right is doing pretty good. I still have to watch out for dislocation of the right knee from here on out.

I have since then found out I have Osteoarthritis in my right hip. What's a girl to do but, go post on the hip replacement board.

Thanks,
Tygerlylli

Good luck to your recovery Tygerlylli. Joint by joint, old "Arthur" seems to want them all. I started with my right hip and boy what a difference. Love it, and love the anterior approach, small scar and I did well. Now I am onto a knee next. Two weeks from today is my day...gulp... I will be watching your recovery.

Debbie, you only need to use the "Reply" button in somebody's post if you really need to quote their post for a particular reason. When it's only the post above yours and you are just saying hi, use the message box at the bottom. Okay?

Debbie, you only need to use the "Reply" button in somebody's post if you really need to quote their post for a particular reason. When it's only the post above yours and you are just saying hi, use the message box at the bottom. Okay?
OK Josephine, some of these forums are different, so never sure what to do. Thanks.

Tygerlylly,

I am so glad that you are on the road to recovery! Two new knees now! You might find that the hip isn't as painful if your gait was off because of your knees. My back was killing me before surgery, hips included, and once they retrained my body in the fine art of walking correctly, the other pains went away. If you still need the hip replacement though, you will be ready, as you are a pro now at replacements! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties