THR Left 2013 - Now the right

Hey ya, dougie :wave:
Hope you're doing well and enjoying life!
@dougie0216

Yes. We do think about you, @dougie0216
Hope all is well.
Spring will be here soon and Life will be sweet!:flwrysmile:

Hi Dougie- been out of the loop for ten months for no good reason but checking in on pals. I see you've had quite a year. Just what I expected. Sorry about your birth mum and very glad you had the time you did with her. It is snowy here in Nova Scotia but at least not the twenty feet they've had in Labrador ! Wish you many more trails my friend.

@Constanze 2:03?!? Wow!!! Great Time! I am in awe.

My primary care physician has shut me down for a month. My right foot began hurting in November. Long story short, I have metatarsal bursitis in my right foot.

No walking/yoga/pilates/bicycling for 4-weeks starting Tuesday 26 Feb. He has prescribed rest/ice/elevate/medicate. Where have I heard that before?

My hips are both good. Although when the weather changes, all bets are off lol.

Overall I cant complain. I had my annual physical and blood tests and the ruling is I am healthy. This is good because I have been to a lot of funerals in the past year.

I hope you and your other half are well.

Hi Dougie,
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your foot. That's really too bad.
Somehow I can't imagine you staying out of trouble for that long. You'll drive your poor wife crazy! :hairpulling:
It's nice to hear your hips are doing well and that your general health is good.
Stop in and say Hi again before your "sentence" expires. It's always great to hear from you.
Wishing you comfort and a wonderful weekend!
@dougie0216

:wave:@dougie0216
I hate that you are on sabbatical from your passion, but my mom has been suffering with feet pain that (now that I've google it) sounds similar to what you were diagnosed with.
She says it is miserable feeling. Did they do an ultrasound to confirm this? She's had some xrays but no definitive answers so I am curious.
Rest is best, ice is nice. :dubious:
Sorry, couldn't help myself...that saying was so annoying to me when I was on lockdown.
Hope this resolves very quickly.:yes:

Hello @dougie0216 ,
I'm so sorry your metatarsal bursitis has caused you to be inactive for a while and know how annoying is to be forced to be inactive. That's why I'm sending you my get well wishes here.
Does it actually mean you have to lie still 24/7 or do you go aroud on crutches at least now and then? What about driving/being driven in the cars. I remember you have such lovely cars - see your previous avatars. Do keep us up to date - we all hope this will go away.
Hugs from Constanze

While I'm glad to hear you otherwise got a good bill of health, I'm sorry to hear you've been grounded for awhile. Patience is hard (trust me, I know), but try to follow the regimen and maybe you'll be back on the road in time for spring flowers!

Hello @dougie0216 ,
How are you? Have you recovered from your metatarsal bursitis yet? And how else are you doing? With me, everything is normal. My left hip is still ok and I also don't need a right hip replacement yet. I'd like to try for a marathon in August again - the same forest marathon as I tried in 2017, this time in just under 5 hours (in 2017, I managed it in 5 hours 3 minutes). For training, I'm planning to participate in a 10km race in my area with 2 of my daughters who are also great runners. Would enjoy hearing from you again.
Constanze

Hello everyone! I had my 2-year RTHR check-up on Wednesday. All is well.

@Layla - Stay out of trouble? Bwahahaha!

@Constanze @Mojo333 - My bursitis has now moved down my list of worries. It was diagnosed with an MRI. It is fine most days, but it still hurts one or two days-per-week.

The reason it has moved down:swoon:is: I have now been diagnosed with Foraminal Stenosis, moderate disc degeneration and bone-spurs, multiple levels in my C-spine. I had x-rays and an MRI.

I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon at my favorite orthopedic hospital at the end of this month. I have been curtailed to walking. Yoga poses are pretty much off-the-table. Anything extending my neck, or neck and arms while looking down leads to muscle spasms and nerve pain. I swear, I just cant get away from this arthritis stuff. I did get a toradol injection today.

Basically, I have to take at least a cyclobenzaprine and a tramadol to sleep most nights. The heating pad has become my best friend. I had the spasms from hades a month ago. They have never really left, but they are bearable if I am good. Also, I have tingling and numbness down my left arm and in my thumb and index finger:hairpulling: Additionally, I have some fingers that feel like they are going to go out-of-joint. That is just weird!

I have elevated the computer monitors I use, and I need to reconfigure my desk.

So, the hips are great, but other parts are still breaking. It looks like ACDF surgery may be in my future.

Doug

So sorry to hear your having other problems! What will happen after ACDF surgery? Will you be able to resume zipping along on your bike? You need to get back to being a role model for misbehaving hippies as soon as possible!

@dougie0216 Thanks for checking in. Sorry you are suffering spinal issues. As a person with chronic spinal pain you have my condolences. ACDF - Wow that's major. Here's hoping it is the answer to the problem!

Aww, Dougie...I'm so sorry to read this. When you've crossed my mind as a recovery bud I always imagine you out there living pain free and enjoying life. To read of your pain and discomfort is unsettling. You'll have to let us know what you learn when you meet with the neurosurgeon at the end of the month. Prayers for your comfort and pain free days as you go to appts and contemplate options.
I hope you have a pleasant weekend!
@dougie0216

Oh my stars, my friend.:sad:
I am hating to hear you could be facing more surgery and that you are having such pain.
Has physical therapy been part of the protocol with the foraminal stenosis diagnosis?
I do hope that maybe there are options..

Please do let us know!

Oh dear @dougie0216 , so sorry you will be needing ACDF. Have you got an appointment yet? Many people have had it done, my sister-in-law, for example, and they are fine now. I hope you will get your flexibility back and even - cycling. My hips are fine. We will be going to Japan for 2 weeks in August. After that, I'd like to take part in the same forest marathon again in which I took part 2 years ago. I wish you an excellent outcome after your surgery (if and when it happens). Keep us up to date and take care - Hugs - Constanze

Just popping by to see how you were doing?
Prayers and good mojo coming your way @dougie0216 :praying:

Hi my friend.
Wondering how you are?
Still sending healing vibes your way... @dougie0216
:angel:

Hey BS pal of old.
I hope things are looking up for you and you're able to enjoy the Summer a bit.
Let us know how you're doing...you know we care.
Wishing you comfort.
@dougie0216

Hi @dougie0216 I have recently joined forum, I had a cervical fusion done in 2012..C5 C6 I experienced the numbness as well, in my opinion, it is like having your tonsils taken out opposed to both hips replacement. :scare:

I have done well over the years not too many complications I had 3 epidurals over the last seven years.
I also suffer from all they found on your test, had lumbar fusion in 2008 —L4L5S1S2...I unfortunately had a failed back surgery, and it has given me fits through my recoveries over the last few months...Still unable to sleep in a bed, muscle spasms the flexiral is effective..I only take at bedtime.. I don’t particularly care for the way they make me feel...Groggy
:eeeuw:
my pain mgt doc had me in for a massage last week it helped tremendously..I had to sit on a chair no arms and bend over holding another chair wasn’t able to lay or sit in a chair that was padded for head..I could not spread my legs far enough apart to straddle to sit! It was quite comical.
:rotfl:
In 2016 I fell and broke my left arm..my legs were numb...(nerve damage due to the back)
Legs buckled :swoon:
I have had quite a time with numbness and swelling in legs due to my recent hip replacements.
I have enjoyed reading your thread, hope all is well :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties