THR Leahs Sloooww but steady recovery

I am out of my tramadol and because timing with the dr I will not get my dose tonight. I have different doses, smaller, from the past I will have to make due with. I hate being dependent. I told the nurse that I want off of it and when she talks to the dr about refilling it to please tell her that is my goal. I am hoping the withdrawals are not to bad. I am pretty sure I don't need it anymore. I have back and knee issues but I think a lot of my issues was my hip and with the thigh pain gone it is time to try. Wish me luck. From what I have read this is not going to be fun and I am a bit scared.

Thank you Mojo333 but I am taking 200mg extended release once a day so that will not help.

Sorry:blush:
I do hope you don't have a bad time of it.
You can do this!
We are on your side.:friends:

Hi @Leahdp
Good luck! We're here for you as you move forward.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful rest of the week!

:hi: Just wanted to pop in and see how you were.
Hope you haven't had any ill effects transitioning of the meds.
Hope you are having a good weekend @Leahdp :roseshwr:

Last edited:
My mother went through a very similar experience. She's 83 and pretty fragile so she had a pretty rough time. If you have family or a good friend close by it will help get through the transition phase. It's sad that you have to through this but once it's out of your system you'll feel so much better. And we're always here if you need to chat. Stay strong, you can do this! :yes!:

Thanks guys. The Dr prescribed 10 pills and I have an apt Tuesday to discuss how I will get off the meds.

I was on 200mg extended release. She switched me to 100 mg extended release for a month, then 50 mg twice a day then 50 mg as needed then she will instruct me how to to finish. Tonight is my second day of 50% reduction to 100mg and I am feeling it. I was tired all day. Now my legs ache, are restless and having a burning sensation in arms. It's not to severe. Wish me luck.

Hi Leah,
Wishing you luck.
Stay in touch so we know how you're doing.
We care.
@Leahdp

Hi Leah,
Not sure if you'll see this, or if you receive notifications...you crossed my mind the other day and I'm wondering how you're doing? Hopefully with the passage of time your pain / discomfort has eased or totally dissipated.
I noticed you're coming up on 7 months post op next week.

Please leave an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
I hope you have a lovely Summer!
@Leahdp

Hi Layla,
I am doing ok. I am completely off my Tramadol now and only take meloxicam about every other day. My thigh pain is still gone. I have mild discomfort in my butt area and the whole upper leg in general but nothing to bothersome. I still have weak muscles and so therefor I have a limp. I have not gone back to the gym for a while because I still get so exhausted so easily when I doing anything other than sit. I had lab work done to rule out anemia, infection or my thyroid and it all came back good except for a few things that I will discuss with my dr at my physical in a few weeks. Nothing though that I think would be a reason for the fatigue. I am thinking that because of my limp and me trying to compensate when I walk is what wears me out. I have heard of people taking 18 months to recover and maybe I am just one of those people. I admit I do need to work on strengthening my hip muscles again. At the very least start doing my leg lifts again and do the stairs properly instead of one leg at a time. I saw my surgeon at 6 months and he said I did not have to use my cane if I did not like it which I don't so I stopped. It slows me down and it was causing issues in my wrist. Also I just hate it in general. He said to come back in 6 months unless i really could not take the limp anymore then I could come back and he would see what could be done. I can't imagine what that would be. Thank you for checking in with me.
@Layla

I know whenever we change something major with our body, it takes far longer than we'd expect for it to adjust. It sounds like you were having tremendous pain that really wore you down. You had a major surgery 7 months ago, which is huge. And during the past few months you have tapered off of your pain meds and are working hard to get back your strength and mobility. Right there are a TON of reasons you might be fatigued. Recovery is so complex, and can wear our minds out as well as our bodies. Do you ever have days where you feel super energetic? Are you sleeping OK? Here's hoping your energy returns before you know it! The summer sun always helps me regain mine. :console2:

I think I've had like 2 days where I have had energy. I have a new theory that maybe my BP is to low. While watching tv tonight I took it after taking my BP meds for the night and it was 97/58. I need to start checking it on a regular basis. I believe the reason I had to start taking it is the pain meds raised my bp.now I am off the pain meds so maybe it is consistently to low. I will talk to my Dr about it next month.

It's nice to hear from you. Thanks for updating. I'm happy to read your thigh pain is gone.
Hopefully you're still relying on a cane, or concentrating on heel-toe walking to help with the limp. I wish you success in improving your gait.

I'm sorry you're still so easily fatigued. Sometimes getting into the regular practice of exercise, such as a simple daily walk, may help increase your energy. It may be worth a try, if your not already.

You're right, some recoveries do take longer than others. I've heard up to two full years, even longer for some. As long as you're seeing steady improvement I'd keep on keeping on.

I wish you the best at your appt with your doctor in a few weeks. Stay n touch, we'd love to share in your progress,

I hope you have a great week, Happy Sunday! :wave:
@Leahdp

Make sure you are compiling a good list to take with you to your doctor's appointment---it sounds like you have a lot to discuss, and the more organized you are ahead of time, the more likely you'll be to leave the appointment with answers. :loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom