THR Layla's Recovery

Wow! One year tomorrow!! How the time flies!! You’ve done fantastic with the recovery and I agree with @dapplega that you have also helped countless others with their upcoming surgeries or their recoveries. You’ve done a fantastic job as a forum advisor! Wishing you another great year ahead!!

Congratulations on your first anniversary. I hope you have a lovely active summer with your grandaughter. Thank you for all the support you have shown me and many, many other people starting their hip journey.

Happy One Year...It is quite amazing how much difference a year makes, don't you think.

I know my fellow bonesmarties would agree, that if we had to describe dear Layla, the word that comes to mind first is KIND!

Your kind words have uplifted many...and we are grateful.
Hope your day is as sweet as you are!

Happy one year Sweet Layla! As others have said, thank you for all you've done for me and countless others with your kind words and encouragement! You mean so much to all of us! :loveshwr::roseshwr::flwrysmile:

Thanks. It's amazing what a little box of hair color and some cosmetics can alter :heehee:
Plus I was 56 on that photo, I need to update. Hard when you run from cameras :bolt:
One of these days though...

Hope you have a lovely Wednesday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @gillycat11 It is amazing what a difference a year makes. Exactly one year ago at this time I was in pre-op, terrified, waiting for them to wheel me into the operating room. :yikes: So happy that's behind me.
Hope your week is great!

@GrannyC Thank you! You helped me in those early days of recovery. As I've said before, your loving and common sense contributions to the forum always feel like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for continuing to share your wisdom with others.

@EmEm Thank you, sweetie. I've enjoyed following your journey as part of the Fab Four. Can't believe you will be coming up on your One Year Anniversary in just 3 months. Hope you're doing well and have a wonderful Summer too!

@Mojo333 My partner in crime. I think you know what you mean to me. So glad we're in this together!
Thank you, always!

@SaraK Thank You for your sweet words and the laughs! I can always count on you for some fun.
You continue to set the bar high for all of us. Still can get over that contortion you mastered on the mat. I think I dislocated looking at it!

Thanks. It's amazing what a little box of hair color and some cosmetics can alter :heehee:
Plus I was 56 on that photo, I need to update. Hard when you run from cameras :bolt:
One of these days though...

Hope you have a lovely Wednesday!
Hahahahaha ~ Right there with you, a little help never hurts!

Ok....know I made you wait but....hopefully it was worth it and you like it : )

Here is a really fun song picked especially for YOU today for your 1 year "hipaversary" ~
"Roam" by the B 52's....so much fun and the video is a blast ~

I hope you and your granddaughter will have fun dancing to this one!
Roam baby Roam:running:
Congratulations and wishing you lots and lots and lots of good health and happiness moving forward!
Thank you for all you're done and all your wonderful notes and advice ~

Hi Thanks!
Of course I know "Roam"
"Take it hip to hip, rock it through the wilderness" very fitting, lol.

Love the B52's "Love Shack" I'm quite sure the neighbors view hubs and I as crazy trying to outdo one another with that one. It's on our Summertime "night out on the deck" playlist. Crazy how a cocktail or two make you feel like you're in the band :rotfl:

I hope your hip is good and your day too!

Sweet Layla. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. You are so giving and compassionate. Your words are always a big hug, comforting in my time of need. A true gift.. Thank you .

Hi Thanks!
Of course I know "Roam"
"Take it hip to hip, rock it through the wilderness" very fitting, lol.

Love the B52's "Love Shack" I'm quite sure the neighbors view hubs and I as crazy trying to outdo one another with that one. It's on our Summertime "night out on the deck" playlist. Crazy how a cocktail or two make you feel like you're in the band :rotfl:

I hope your hip is good and your day too!
AWWWWW,
Sounds like us LOL!
That's awesome ~ such a FUN band ~ sending luv and hugs to you!

Thank you @AnnieRose2 for your very kind words. I need a tissue :cry: very touching.

There are so many sweet people on this site, you being one. I'm extremely thankful for BoneSmart
and the opportunity to connect with people from all over. It's a true blessing.
Sending love and hugs your way for today!

Thanks @AJinNH and @Gypsy for stopping by and for your thoughtful expressions.
It's been kind of a reflective day....I've paused a few times today thinking about what I was most likely doing at any given time exactly one year ago. In some ways, I can't believe it's been a year!
It did fly by. Actually the older I get TIME is flying by! Some days it's like - Wait, Stop, Can I have a do over?

Hope you're both doing well and feeling stronger day by day.
Wishing you each a peaceful and relaxing rest of the week!

Sweet Layla.....
I have a really fun song for YOU and your Granddaughter....it was just released this year...it's sooo cute!
"Pillow People" by Quetzal (Fun)

Ack I missed your 1 yr anniversary. :(. Happy anniversary sweet @Layla ! You have been such a help to all of us. Hoping those last aches and pains have disappeared altogether.

You're a sweetheart @hipster333 Thank you for the thoughtful note.
I sure hope you're doing well. I miss you around these parts.
Stop by more often. Would love do hear how you're doing!
Hope you and yours have a safe and happy 4th!

Did you get a nap and a walk on your anniversary? I also miss the group recovery effort we had here, last year. That was strangely fun, but just the same, I don't want to do it again.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts