TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new avatar is a picture of one of the butterflies we saw being hatched at the Butterfly she or he is drying their brand new wings and and waiting till all ready to start flying and exploring the lovely surrounding she will be living in . How amazing to see the hatching area and how they are all hanging waiting to start their new lives as butterflies after being caterpillars and amazing how nature works and the wonder of it all. Hope to go again would be wonderful in the winter time coming in our of the cold snowy weather and into the tropical enviroment of the conservatory.

The conservatory is called " Wings of Paradise" it has a fish pond with turtles in a natural setting with a waterfall a parrot and other small wildlife walking about and some of the beautiful butterflies are quite large never know when a new beauty will make its appearance so interesting to watch them hatch.

There is a room where they have a bat cave and although we have had bats a few times flying above me while sleeping No more have visited for the past 10 years as the roof has been replaced and our neighbor moved and before she went she explained she had a bat box so now understand. Every part of nature has its right to live but hoping that no more and thinking that outside is a nicer place for bats to live The butterflies are so interesting and guess so are the bats good to see how nature takes care of even the tiniest of things. Just a few more pictures hope they work. Holly

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG

Hi @Pumpkln This date works out fine my husband said if we stay home he will be happy to cook a turkey for Christmas and thinks we should start shopping next month for a few gifts. Saw a bath seat at the Rexall drug store that will work fine same as the type I used last time so no problem. With the weather that time of the year being colder won't feel like we are missing out on the nice weather as they will come later on maybe crazy but looking forward to just having it all over. Not really that long now just over 2 months and a few weeks away. Holly

With the winter you won't be wanting to get out as much, then in the spring you will be ready to visit your park again. It will be behind you soon, the time will go fast.
Good idea to do some early shopping now.

Hi @lavender - I am so happy that you have got your surgery date, and much earlier than you had thought. Getting everything planned over the next few weeks is a great idea, and then you will have a new knee in your Christmas stocking - ha ha!
Seriously it will be good to do all your healing indoors while the weather is not so good, and then your park will be waiting to greet you in the spring.
So pleased that you do not have to wait much longer.

XXX

Hi @vallee Nice to receive your post good that you have your surgery date to and as both in December we will be recovering together . I am sure you are happy it is not too far off and I am looking forward to it all fixed up and then just a little while till Spring. Hope your knee is good to you while you wait and good news so happy. Holly

Hi @dogwheels @Jozilla @ marmora @Pumpkln @kneeper @vallee @Nana moon 27 and everybody else to. Thank you all for your wonderful support it means so much . I am so happy today to get one more thing off the list was thinking the other day that it probably would not be until December before I heard about the date for my surgery and so pleased today when the secretary phoned . She is sending out my information package with all of the appointment dates so waiting to see what it says.

I told my husband he can give me a bath seat for my gift all I need to be ready for surgery but he has other plans in mind he says so know he has other ideas. He is just so good . I kept thinking about things that I need to do before this date have to phone the dentist as my checkup would be the same week so trying to get in way before this time. Car needs an oil change due then to and my husbands birthday is four days before on the 14th of December and then some birthday and Christmas shopping.

My doctors appointment and blood test are due then to so by the time all of these things are done when my surgery is over I will be able to sit and relax hopefully with my pain killers working and then other then the day to have the staples out will be in for most of snowy weather. My husband is wonderful and I will be in very safe caring hands he will take care of things like shopping and whatever needed I am hoping to stay inside for a while keeping warm.

We were talking today and both laughing at the idea that having this surgery could make someone excited maybe I am crazy but looking forward to having it all taken care of and my husband is happy that the date so close just a bit longer. .

Going for a followup to see if the new medication is working check blood pressure to make sure it is not in danger of dropping too low so I am looking forward to telling him that surgery is coming he is happy that I decided to talk to the surgeon as he knows it has to be done. Holly

Thinking the time will go fast and feeling so relaxed but excited. Worried about a winter date before today but now thinking this is a perfect time can take it slow know that I will not be holding us up then will still have all of the nice parts of the spring and summer to look forward to.

Thanking you all so much for your kindness and support you have always taken time to listen and how much this has meant during the road of recovery and beyond. Thanking all of my bone smart friends you are the best. Now waiting for news and just over two months to go. Holly

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Holly @lavender

Your are sounding very happy, as you now know your surgery date and can plan what to buy and organising Christmas.

Your lovely sounding husband will be a great support, as he has been for you throughout your life.

Take care,
Cathie

Hi @Minnies' knees Hope you are doing great. I am very happy to have my surgery date and not just a little while to go. Hope you hear soon about your date I am sure you are anxious to and hope it is not much longer for you to wait. Wishing you a nice day. Holly

Hi and Good Morning Cathie @marmora Very pleased to have the date and know the time will go fast a few things to get done before the day. I have found this past two months that have passed since the appointment where my surgeon agreed to put me on his waiting list have flown quick checking off a list of things that need to be taken care of.

My husband was laughing yesterday when I was trying to figure out the month of December I was talking about the month of December and how the date was only a week before Christmas and estimating that my date for the two week check up would be somewhere around New years eve and wondering if there would be anyone there. He was concerned that being as it was near two holiday celebrations calling the doctors nurse for more medication would be difficult as she would probably be on holiday hours and told him that I am sure this time the surgeon would have things organized better that way. I know it will all work out great at least not going to worry until I need to if all else fails my family doctor will help out know that he is great but really like my surgeon to.

Just so excited and going to go to purchase the bath seat in October know where they have what I was looking for. Wishing you a great day you are doing really well with your knee. All of my best wishes for you Cathie. Holly

Hi hope you are having a nice day. Today we are planning to take a packed lunch to the park and the weather is looking nice. The nurse that is taking care of my blood tests for surgery returned my call today and happy that I have a surgery date she is really nice and enjoy talking to her puts a personal touch on caring for her patients and treats me with kindness. She is leaving for a month to go to take care of her daughters home quite a long trip to Seattle Washington and as her daughter is having her third baby she will be there to help her with her other two children and the baby to.

Such a nice lady she is very bouncy and positive makes you feel good just talking to her and nice friend. I met her at my Moms appointment and then for mine really like her .

Mentioned that I had a blood test last Monday and she told me that my blood has looked good all along iron good just keep up with what I am doing said it will all be good. I told her that it was nice she was helping out hard when working to get a chance but sure her daughters family will be well taken care of and hope her kindness is appreciated. She said she will need a holiday afterwords as it will be a very busy month the little ones are very active but sure she will enjoy spending time with them.

She assured me she will be back way before my surgery and then call to get together and make sure blood levels are all set for surgery. My husband and I are very fortunate to have such good care we both have very good doctors. Our family doctor left town 8 years before left without a family doctor for 4 years we had a very serious doctor shortage where we live. My brothers doctor died and he was left without a doctor to so more doctors were given an incentive to come and set up new practices he gave the doctor our names andhe told him to have us come and see him and we were fortunate to get the doctor we have now lucky to have him for passt 4 years.

Cannot imagine how we would have managed now without one with health issues who would have referred me to my surgeon I make sure that I tell our doctors how much difference having them has made to both of us and tell how thankful we are to have him for ours. Well off to the park we go and enjoying the lovely fall weather it has been a nice summer and fall is my favorite time of the year along with spring to. Have a nice day Holly

Hi Today we took it a little slower just a slow walk in our park lots of stops at the benches to sit for a bit and found a few sunny places to sit cooler in the shade now and loving the sun so much warmer. Going to my family doctor on Monday sharing an appointment with my husband just needing to have my blood pressure checked and hopefully the new medication is working and strong enough . Nice to see some of my medications are now being cut back and think feeling better since they are.
My husband and I do our insulin injections at the same time each night to make sure we do not forget. I told my surgeon the other day sometimes wonder if I drink too much water I might spring a leak with the finger test and the insulin needle.

So many geese today and 24 ducks lots of seagulls. The geese usually meet up along the river at the opposite end from the bridge but today sitting where they usually are only saw 2 geese lots of ducks but only two where we were sitting on the water by the paddle boat docks

We walked along the water down to the bench by the bridge and happy to find it was sunny there walking up we
noticed we were surrounded and my husband started to count stopped when he counted close to one hundred.
All were very content eating grass there think they might have needed a fresh supply. Sat looking at the water and the geese and then noticed a tiny little girl maybe 1 1/2 years old she seemed to be with her Gramma and Grampa and they were handing her little bits of bread and she was having fun feeding the geese around her. The geese were not much shorter then she was up to her shoulders and she was not at all bothered that they were right up close.

She kept talking to them tiny little voice and heard her say come get come get so cute. Her Grampa seemed like having her close and spending time with her made him happy and he was showing her how they flew and how to feed a sea gull on the railing beside her. Then her Gram took over and walked her again. He showed her she had to throw the bread as they were coming up with so many that hand feed the geese they would not understand she was not trying to hand feed them too. Our friend was in the park today with her little dachschund Jasper who is now very interested in the squirrels and ducks so we did not get much of a chance to talk with her.

Ever since Jasper found he likes to chase squirrels and almost caught one she has to be more careful worried he might catch one some time so she is not having a chance to spend as much time there she is nice to talk to but rather then laying and relaxing he is on the prowl on the outlook for wildlife but still had time to sit for a few minutes.

Our garden is still blooming roses no longer having problem with the Aisan Beetles and so many buds to flower still seems like the roses are growing even more then in the summer and the climbing rose that we were so upset about when we thought it had died is up spreading across the fence and so happy to see she will be ok for next year . Some of the roses are now growing quite tall never knew they were climbers but very pretty and flowers smell so lovely. Everything is still really green and so many say that we did not have a nice summer but I think our summer this year was absolutely wonderful lots of sunshine and we enjoyed it so much.

Nothing planned for tomorrow maybe a walk but sure something will come along and enjoying sleeping at night with the window open rather then the air conditioner and fresh crisp air. Hope you had a wonderful day to Holly

Thinking am I crazy to want to go through this again forgot how much it involves but just want to get back to feeling safer when walking. It feels like so long ago the thought of a walk was so simple but still trying to do what ever to get out and move as well as I can to keep my sugar levels as much as I can from climbing.

I am excited at the idea that maybe this will change the creaky feeling my left leg has had for so long and until my right knee surgery both knees were in bad shape. Too many years working on my feet on tiled floors and for the last 10 the work was much heavier and fast paced number of falls and until the option to have my surgery the chances of even doing what I have would not have been as possible by this point.

So many are dealing at this time with the pain and discomfort that this surgery causes us to deal with know I did to but hoping that the end result will be at least as good as the first. Understanding each other we know what it feels like and how nice to support one another through it hoping what we say can help in some way. Knowing the help and kindness I have been shown truly made a difference in how I came along with my recovery and thankful for it.

Excited to have this surgery a new chance but hoping it goes by fast. Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom