TKR Laura's recovery journey begins

You both have them! Let us know how you're doing!

Wow it's been too long since I've been able to look at this forum. Life threw some sad circumstances in our family which resulted in a trip out of state for a couple weeks.

Anyway, we are home now and trying to get back to our normal lives as much as possible! We've had some mighty beautiful weather here in New England and I'm needing a pedicure badly! How soon after TKR surgery is it safe to get a pedi? I am 14 weeks post op.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I saw my Doc for a 2.5 week check up last Friday. He said I could get a pedicure but to make sure I was familiar with where I went as far as their cleaning and sanitizing. I have got to the same place for 15 years. I have an appointment this Friday. I'm sorry for your difficult times. The surgery is difficult enough!

Hi Grammy I went for a chiropody app at 6 week mark and got on fine, was back a couple of days ago for another appointment at 10 weeks so am sure at 14 weeks you'll be fine

I agree, make sure you're going somewhere reputable that has a good cleaning routine. The spas should be cleaned after every client. If you have a regular salon you've been visiting and have confidence in them you should be fine. If not call and ask what their cleaning routine is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Grammy. Good to have you back. I'm so sorry you have some bad times and had to go away for a few weeks. I, too need a pedicure but am hesitant. How is your knee doing?

I took a pretty hard fall this morning in my house, falling on my baby knee. It doesn't hurt any more but am wondering if I did hurt it in anyway would I know right away?

It could even hurt a bit and chances are you didn't do any damage. I've fallen a few times and needed to ice my knee afterward. In a few days it was fine. Again, it's that soft tissue that usually takes the brunt of the damage.

If I were you, I'd ice and elevate all day. They say it's really difficult to harm these implants, but not so our poor tissues. If you get a jump on the pain, you should be OK. Please be careful! Falling is a huge fear of mine.

Thank you! My OS told me that there's nothing I can do to harm the implant but my mind has a hard time believing that!!

@sistersinhim I too have a big fear of falling and I think I was more scared than hurt!!

I'll do as suggested and ice and elevate as much as possible today!

Be sure and let's us know how you are.

I'm wondering what nerve or soft tissue goes along the outside of our knee? Ever since I fell a couple weeks ago I seem to have more pain in that area and behind the knee as it bends. Any recommended stretches or exercises to help it?

How are you feeling now Laura?
I would recommend stretching, reaching down to yours toes, etc. I still get quite a bit of muscle soreness behind the knee (closer to the inside of the leg) and I didn't have a fall.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back